• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two imports one smooth one feathered( Iran/Iraq ) and one uk bitch. My youngest bitch a nice UK bitch was poisened a couple of months back. The Dog will run hare or deer in his COO. The two bitches w

Yes that right DB I mi d that day years ago down with pp I seen your uk bitch out Doris and also seen Doris n broken nose that day too lol decided too use Doris that day as she showed heart n I liked

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

Deacon > El Hor Kelb. Hes sire > Galera Zebul. Dam > Saluston Louisa. I stand to be corrected if otherwise

seen it written Ripper x Louisa in lurcher ped I think.

Ripper and Louisa would of been there call names not kennel club names pal Same for Deacon

obviously, "here el hor kelb" lol

Cheers for the info lads, interesting stuff, lot of show bred stuff in his pedigree yet his offspring where renowned for there incredible stamina and heart, when people first started using deacon as a stud it was the first time such stamina was seen in coursing lurchers like kippers pip and fh Bill dog, Bill who was straight out of deacon once ran a hare for over 5 mins then when he had killed that another hare got up and he ran that for 4 mins and killed that aswell totalling over 9 mins running time, I was told bill one day also ran his first 3 hares and missed them, then was ran on another 5 hares after that which he killed all of them and they were long gruelling runs aswell, also Casper killed 16 hares in 3 days in a row on bottomless ground, some feat, Someone told me when deacon was bought as a pup they would only sell him to be used as a show dog and not to be worked, just shows you

• Like 4

Cheers for the info lads, interesting stuff, lot of show bred stuff in his pedigree yet his offspring where renowned for there incredible stamina and heart, when people first started using deacon as a stud it was the first time such stamina was seen in coursing lurchers like kippers pip and fh Bill dog, Bill who was straight out of deacon once ran a hare for over 5 mins then when he had killed that another hare got up and he ran that for 4 mins and killed that aswell totalling over 9 mins running time, I was told bill one day also ran his first 3 hares and missed them, then was ran on another 5 hares after that which he killed all of them and they were long gruelling runs aswell, also Casper killed 16 hares in 3 days in a row on bottomless ground, some feat, Someone told me when deacon was bought as a pup they would only sell him to be used as a show dog and not to be worked, just shows you

how did you rate della Russ's line of saluki mate? My pal through up a couple of gems from her sister ??

they hadn't been as spoilt back then, think the dam of Salty and Sooner was same way bred.

they hadn't been as spoilt back then, think the dam of Salty and Sooner was same way bred.
yea the mother to salty and sooner was deacons sister
  • Like 1

how did you rate della Russ's line of saluki mate? My pal through up a couple of gems from her sister ??
the bitch out of della russ that I had is the only pure I've ever owned, I liked her she was very very keen with a good mouth, probably lacked a bit of gears like most Salukis do compared to lurchers but it wasn't threw lack of trying, she was a bit scrawny but that was probably due to inbreeding as she was out of a mother to son mating, but I didn't find that out till later because the papers said different
  • Like 1

how did you rate della Russ's line of saluki mate? My pal through up a couple of gems from her sister
the bitch out of della russ that I had is the only pure I've ever owned, I liked her she was very very keen with a good mouth, probably lacked a bit of gears like most Salukis do compared to lurchers but it wasn't threw lack of trying, she was a bit scrawny but that was probably due to inbreeding as she was out of a mother to son mating, but I didn't find that out till later because the papers said different

Lacked a bit of Gears as most salukis do LOL You have had one pure so based on what? as for going up and down the gears a good saluki knows it top to bottom for running game.