• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two imports one smooth one feathered( Iran/Iraq ) and one uk bitch. My youngest bitch a nice UK bitch was poisened a couple of months back. The Dog will run hare or deer in his COO. The two bitches w

Yes that right DB I mi d that day years ago down with pp I seen your uk bitch out Doris and also seen Doris n broken nose that day too lol decided too use Doris that day as she showed heart n I liked

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

I only keep pures mate neve rkept anything else. Few lads on here haveseen them . I dont go in for photographs, mate lol not even wedding photos only passport and I/D card

what type/where from? Do they just have one job? Thanks.
  • Like 1

Two imports one smooth one feathered( Iran/Iraq ) and one uk bitch. My youngest bitch a nice UK bitch was poisened a couple of months back. The Dog will run hare or deer in his COO. The two bitches would take anything they see ,hunt up or get slipped on if I was to ever let them off the lead :thumbs:

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 5

The uncle has one here in Ireland , he's done well with him last year , no problems round ditches and fast enough for any hare to be honest

So he does all right on the enclosed fields walls /ditches etc?A lot of lads seem to think salukis are not pacey enough on smallerr land.and need big parks,

Each has a genuine chance Gilbey it's largely down too the breeder putting right stuff together for right reason,be it import or uk bred too many blinded by high price and fact it's from abroad and too many waiting too take there money people are by large very gullible and easily had over

Imports offer something new and a Cheney too mix new blood with what we know already works here

Imports have too contend with transition from one country to another which can hebe a profound impact on the hound

There's no guarantee whatever you buy nobody can give you that but they can provide you with a genuine chance it's down too you too do the homework and reasearc hand too then give the hound 100 percent

The reality is you won't get a match machine that will beat all the top dogs purpose bred, the reality is you will get a saluki that you can course and hunt with that may become above average and hold its own as a Lurcher that summat in my book though seeing as ax couple of year ago they could be lamped catch hares or even got beck on leash lmao

• Like 3

She bred out doris the Khan bred bitch DB too be fair Chris picked the best of the bitchs out that litter and he has given her the best home she could ask for

Max if she half as handy as her litter brother she surprise a few for certain ?

I lost my young black bitch a couple of months ago she would have been the star this year. I now have to rely on two of my older stuff both more than capable. The top bitch is retired nothing to prove the other two will fly the flag the UK bitch has never been given her chance she will get it this year at 5 years old. Some one asked about lurcher x,s all well and good but some folk want the pures. As for imports they can more than hold there own handled properly.especially amongst other pures.

Edited by desertbred

I love Saluki crosses. My one and only lurcher was a half cross Saluki dog. His Sire was a pure Saluki and his Dam was a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Whippet and the dog was a good allrounder. Killed loads of daytime Deer and Hares (before the ban), never did much rabbiting with him but he did catch a few, also he didn't like foxes as a youngster but as he matured he would tackle anything.