Cocker Spaniels

jcm

Next year I'll be getting a cocker spanial in to hunt flush to the runners and working with my pals birds and for knocking woods out to guns and runners.

They seem to excel at the bushing game and ill be able to run them through woods with holes in without fear of dropping in like my terrier.

So the point of the topic is to throw some pics up of pure cockers that you work and any info about lines etc

Atb jcm

My mates bringing on a 'sprocker' at the moment. 6 months old and is following his nose into cover, pretty agile dog. He hasn't entered anything thick yet but has given chase to a couple of coneys out in the open, obviously with no success!!

I'll watch this thread with interest

• 4 weeks later...

Next year I'll be getting a cocker spanial in to hunt flush to the runners and working with my pals birds and for knocking woods out to guns and runners.

They seem to excel at the bushing game and ill be able to run them through woods with holes in without fear of dropping in like my terrier.

So the point of the topic is to throw some pics up of pure cockers that you work and any info about lines etc

Atb jcm

there is few lads up this way running cocker spaniels too be honest they would surprise most folk but I will say this with out proper training they do just become nuts for the hunt and would make you look daft on a beating line only thing I notice they will knacker them selfs out very quick if left unchecked and there not daft can be very quick and smart and will enter any cover if there is some thing there the only thing I would say if your hoping that they don't drop too ground you may be surprised cos some of them got heart of a lion
  • Like 1

Do cockers give voice?

surpisnlgy the 2 I know off that go too ground do
I passed one on to a friend because it yapped in cover,no good to me on the beating line.I got a call a few weeks later from him telling me she was to ground for 2 hours in a big place and came out a bit worse for wear

Atb jcm

post-102035-0-27181600-1472209985_thumb.jpg

3/4 spaniel x terrier never looked at a hole work everyday of her life bolts rabbits everyday gives voice steady as a rock

• Like 9

Cheers for reply lads, I'm not ruling out a springer or sprocker and id be happy with any aslong as there from good hunting stock.

im still open to options, I'd even consider spanial terrier mix but I have not seen one hunt in the flesh to think that's the type for me if you know what I mean