• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After failing to cure my mum's arthritis with a chocolate brownie I obtained some THC liquid stuff....maybe it was oil. I did the pest control in a laboratory where they made CBD but they also did all

☕  

Not worth it anymore mate to many c**ts messing about with it.   if it ain’t some dodgy c**t brushing spider mite droppings off with a toothbrush it’s some f****r brushing mould off so can s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Can anyone recommend a cheap led grow light for 2-3 plants? 

Asking for a friend 

I used to grow chillies .........Plenty of cheap led lights.....all have over rated claims about the power they produce ....mars hydro seem popular....but have built in fans......another thing to break, but they do work and can be had on the auction site.

There’s a place called diyUK....they sell good quality boards and kits that are manufactured by Samsung for the professionals nurseries etc.....it tells you the wattage you need for the space size you choose to grow in. These don’t have fans, have heat fins instead.......much better for reliability....and the 200 ish watts ones are good enough for 1m x 1m.....these claim about 1g per wat if everything else is dialled in right.....I can’t vouch for that, but they are the business as for as led grow lights go.......think they cost around £1 per watt are there about. 

Dont believe the watt claims by the cheap ones the 200w Samsung leds will out do a 600w cheap one hands down and should  run for years to come.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Would you not recommend one of these random ones off ebay...seem to good to be true 

Screenshot_20200404_100944_com.android.chrome.jpg

I can’t say no, because that depends on your budget, but I think the last time I checked diyUK did a seventy wat one for about seventy quid, which should give 70g if all your environment and nutrient schedule went to plant.

Dont believe the hype of 600 watts. If it was me I would write a list of things I needs and get the best I can for my budget. I’m sure it would work, but I would go for a diyUK board.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

I can’t say no, because that depends on your budget, but I think the last time I checked diyUK did a seventy wat one for about seventy quid, which should give 70g if all your environment and nutrient schedule went to plant.

Dont believe the hype of 600 watts. If it was me I would write a list of things I needs and get the best I can for my budget. I’m sure it would work, but I would go for a diyUK board.

You mean a 700 watt from diyuk? 

There's been a lot of hype around leds and from hearing about other people's experiences the hype is just that . I think that you get  what you pay for ,leds seem pretty decent for the veg stage but lack on the flower stage and dont compare to more traditional lights in term of quantity and quality of end product . People who are getting half decent results with them are paying huge money for them 500 quid +  per light ...all depends on what your end goal is I suppose :thumbs:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, kanny said:

There's been a lot of hype around leds and from hearing about other people's experiences the hype is just that . I think that you get  what you pay for ,leds seem pretty decent for the veg stage but lack on the flower stage and dont compare to more traditional lights in term of quantity and quality of end product . People who are getting half decent results with them are paying huge money for them 500 quid +  per light ...all depends on what your end goal is I suppose :thumbs:

1w = 1g if environment right .....and you don’t need to spend £500, Samsung from diy led, simple n effective.

Edited by Shortstraw
30 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

You mean a 700 watt from diyuk? 

No, 70 watt I believe was there smallest when I did chillies.  About £70...back then. You need the right amount of watts per surface area you want to cover.  Eg about 250 ish watts per 1m2.  70w probably ok for one decent auto flower.

A lot of the cheap leds lie about their wattage......you get what you pay for with these. A cheap Chinese will do the job, but I would go for a good proper led board.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1

Used them for the last 6 yrs.... You get what you pay for, you still need a few 600 W hps lamps...... The led lamps help keep a level canopy even when growing different strains I find... Plants stay shorter, but have a bigger yield, less smell, less of a heat signiture, less electric on a cycle ?Screenshot_20190514-130541_Instagram.jpg.299a9955861300f69e54b17cbde6b15d.jpg

Ps... Most folks won't produce 1 g per watt, regardless of the set up?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Used them for the last 6 yrs.... You get what you pay for, you still need a few 600 W hps lamps...... The led lamps help keep a level canopy even when growing different strains I find... Plants stay shorter, but have a bigger yield, less smell, less of a heat signiture, less electric on a cycle ?Screenshot_20190514-130541_Instagram.jpg.299a9955861300f69e54b17cbde6b15d.jpg

Ps... Most folks won't produce 1 g per watt, regardless of the set up?

Dry weight around 300 off 230 watt led.....3 autos.

Beautiful pic by the way.

Edited by Shortstraw
31 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

... Most folks won't produce 1 g per watt, regardless of the set up?

Yeah it's  in no way realistic to expect.

Theres a lot of factors to consider the main ones being time of veg and size of plant and strain, Its possible yes but not necessarily as economical as other methods. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

Yeah it's  in no way realistic to expect.

Theres a lot of factors to consider the main one being time of veg and size of plant and strain, Its possible yes but not necessarily as economical as other methods. 

It’s true growing is like a fine art.....environment is key.

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

I like this guy he gets some decent results he can go on a bit but he's a wealth of information its worth sticking with check out all his channel 

NIce set up that. Often wondered about hydroponics with my chillies.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

It’s true growing is like a fine art.....environment is key.

And everyone has their own way to get the best out of their own environment  :thumbs:

• Like 2