Monster Carp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not a carp angler,it would bore me rigid catching fish with names,but what a refreshing change this program is,i have watched them all,normal blokes taking the piss and catching fish,thats what w

There's another one called big fish challenge on telly ATM with Ali and a pair of celebs each week. Can't remember which channel though, sorry.   Cheers, D.

yeah I like that one as well ,have you the one with razor Ruddock and steve Collins ? was a good laugh!

Posted Images

I think its a quality program. as said before it catches the piss takin and commeradery of fishin. Its as much about the social for me when I go as it is catchin fish nowadays.

I think Ali hamidi does a good program. Fairbrass is onto that and realises he can make big bucks for low input other than funding. Not daft that bloke.

The big fish of series is really good aswell.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

OK, 2 year old thread but still interesting!

I've never caught a Monster, what actually qualifies as a Monster, apparenly a 60lb came out of one of my local lakes (pit) last weekend, that seems pretty big to me!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Deker said:

OK, 2 year old thread but still interesting!

I've never caught a Monster, what actually qualifies as a Monster, apparenly a 60lb came out of one of my local lakes (pit) last weekend, that seems pretty big to me!

:thumbs:

One of the thai fish last night,siamese carp,weighed in at 153 Lb's they also lost what seemed a bigger one that smashed its way out of the landing net,powered through and snapped the netting.

9 minutes ago, mackem said:

One of the thai fish last night,siamese carp,weighed in at 153 Lb's they also lost what seemed a bigger one that smashed its way out of the landing net,powered through and snapped the netting.

Flippen 'ek, I haven't got any kit capable of that! :thumbs:

This size of Carp (actually any fish) is new to me!

Just out of interest, what sort of kit do you actually need, the rod must be something special and the line, what, 100lb or there abouts, and what on earth size hook do you use!?  Even my landing net, huge as I think it is, wouldn't cope!

Probably daft but I've never been in this area.

Cheers

They get big in that particular lake,i have seen people use sea-fishing equipment in Thailand on freshwater lakes,and I put a pic up on here once of a guy using a tiny rod to play a huge fish,last time I fished in LOS I used 80 Lb braid,fantastic experience if you can do it.