Raw Fed Dogs Any Health And Performance Benefits?

I get what most of you are saying but take me back to the begin with a 6 week old pup you have just got 4 feeds a day ? first feed rusks with milk , dinner chicken mince , dinner beef or lamb mince supper scrambled eggs ?

How long before you drop them to 3 feeds a day ?

then 2 feeds a day ?

and straight on to raw minced up and a bone to play /chew with ?.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

id imagine it boils down to the quality of the dry food if you want to get a good back on a dog and your feeding cheap food you would have to feed it twice as much as a good type nut hence more sh1t t

My dogs get worked most days and quite a few nights and the amount of dry food I would have to pump into them to keep them in condition would be ridiculous ... Apart from that dry takes a lot longer t

Mine get weaned onto meat at 3 weeks and stay on it ... I supplement with eggs goats milk fish veg fruits raw bones etc from day one ... As for feeding amounts every dog is different ... The bitch I

Posted Images

Mine get weaned onto meat at 3 weeks and stay on it ... I supplement with eggs goats milk fish veg fruits raw bones etc from day one ... As for feeding amounts every dog is different ... The bitch I kept back from my litter will only eat two proper meals a day and a Small snack lunch time but I know some of her brothers and sisters are on 4 meals a day .......

• Like 4

Dog nuts i find make them drink a lot more water and if you feed 1 pound of nuts you will have to clean up 2 pound of sh1t how is that possible? Raw food is cheaper and gives you an easier life and cleaner kennels.

• Like 1

Not aii dogs the same my two Beddy whippets on 5days dry two days meat & shit a lot less on dry?? My other two get mix of raw & dry & their coats are better since started adding dry food. So its really a question of what works for your dogs & you. Atb

Not aii dogs the same my two Beddy whippets on 5days dry two days meat & shit a lot less on dry?? My other two get mix of raw & dry & their coats are better since started adding dry food. So its really a question of what works for your dogs & you. Atb

id imagine it boils down to the quality of the dry food if you want to get a good back on a dog and your feeding cheap food you would have to feed it twice as much as a good type nut hence more sh1t to clean as the dog is emptying everything out that isnt benifiting it so i would look at the condition of the dog rather than how much or how little its getting. I just find that when you see a bowl of meat then you know its meat and not 99 percent wheat. Edited by jiggy
  • Like 4

the one thing most do wrong on dry food ,though, is feed too much of it.

its rich in protein and because its dry you don't need the bulk as you do with

read some of the labels you will be surprised how little they need.

just getting them to eat it is the hard part , must be like eating saw dust some of it

• Like 1

I used beta greyhound in the past and its as good as a nut as you would get but if you look at a prime example of a dog fox in mid november how did he get himself in that condition with no wormers vaccinations or vitamins it certainly wasnt from eating dry nuts so think outside the box.

• Like 3

Mine get weaned onto meat at 3 weeks and stay on it ... I supplement with eggs goats milk fish veg fruits raw bones etc from day one ... As for feeding amounts every dog is different ... The bitch I kept back from my litter will only eat two proper meals a day and a Small snack lunch time but I know some of her brothers and sisters are on 4 meals a day .......

the pup i just got is a little lean for my liking socks. i got a recipe for mothers milk substitute. its 2 once goats milk a tbl.spoon whole yogourt and one egg. have you tried this i was told it was a good supliment. not that well up on nutrition. i always fed wheatabix and milk.

the pup i just got is a little lean for my liking socks. i got a recipe for mothers milk substitute. its 2 once goats milk a tbl.spoon whole yogourt and one egg. have you tried this i was told it was a good supliment. not that well up on nutrition. i always fed wheatabix and milk.

Yep all good mate and it should be part of the pups diet anyway ... The litter I just raised would have two eggs each scrambled with enough goats milk on top to cool it down for breakfast then two meals of meat during the day then mixed chicken at night with a splash of goats milk to mix it up ... Every other day they would get tinned fish and natural yogurt .......

• Like 2

Yep all good mate and it should be part of the pups diet anyway ... The litter I just raised would have two eggs each scrambled with enough goats milk on top to cool it down for breakfast then two meals of meat during the day then mixed chicken at night with a splash of goats milk to mix it up ... Every other day they would get tinned fish and natural yogurt .......

cheers rats do you always cook the eggs.

I might be wrong but I reckon a cooked egg probably just fills a pup up that touch more to settle it? Plus it's a warm meal to settle them.

I always give my pups plenty of goats milk and scrambled eggs with brown bread and natural yoghurt. Plus tins of fish with Chopped banana and natural yoghurt and plenty of fatty mince.

• Like 2

If I am making an egg and milk meal yes mate otherwise I will just crack it into a bowl or over the food ... When I'm really lazy I just drop them on the floor and the dogs eat them up shell and all .......

• Like 2

My dogs get worked most days and quite a few nights and the amount of dry food I would have to pump into them to keep them in condition would be ridiculous ... Apart from that dry takes a lot longer to digest fully and when your working dogs day in day out with nights thrown in they need high protein food that they can quickly digest and utilise and you won't get that from dry .........

If you got more whippet in you're dogs, they would do better and catch more. Doug grins

Dog nuts i find make them drink a lot more water and if you feed 1 pound of nuts you will have to clean up 2 pound of sh1t how is that possible? Raw food is cheaper and gives you an easier life and cleaner kennels.

Nail on the head there fella.

I NEVER clean up a dog shit when they are fed raw. They only do one a day and they empty out on there walk.

If I feed dry I'm cleaning up at least 2 big piles a day from each dog. Sometimes more.

• Like 1