• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish my dogs were as big and hard as Buck ! I know they get everywhere but at the end of the day it's someone's pet

If it's practically feral it's obviously been in your garden annoying your dog and it was recognised by your dog. Silly tart should control her cat, are they using the vets bill to pay for the van as

Maybe i've just got a bad mind,but i don't think the vet charged them anywhere near that. I think they're trying to make a few quid and the RSPCA and police threat is their way of ensuring they get a

You can't beat a £5 muzzle for saving all the bother...

I have mine muzzled around the houses and local feilds,that back onto the housing estate...

I'd be asking for a invoice & pay what's due..

It was an accident but as one pet owner to another I'd pay..

If someone's dog injured mine I'd expect them to pay so fair is fair...

You can ring Clive for free... It will Put your mind to rest, if your concerned..

Hope it comes to nothing..

• Like 2

cats n dogs. its the cats fault.

No it's not, it's the dog owners fault for not breaking the dog to cats. Any dog that chases cats is an accident waiting to happen. There are endless possibilities of what could happen, even ending up with lost human life if the cat runs out on a road with the dog chasing it. There is nothing macho about killing cats with dogs.

If you can't break a dog to cats I would seriously suggest you don't have one.

TC

Much as i agree theres nothing big or clever in a dog killing or even chasing a cat.......im not sure i buy this " if you cant break a dog to cats dont have one ".....i mean theres no onus on dog owners to break their dogs to rabbits,guinea pigs or any other domestic pet what makes a cat so special surely its the responsibility of any owner of a domestic pet to control and ensure its safety/welfare.......even cats.......no ?

Edited by gnasher16

No it's not, it's the dog owners fault for not breaking the dog to cats. Any dog that chases cats is an accident waiting to happen. There are endless possibilities of what could happen, even ending up with lost human life if the cat runs out on a road with the dog chasing it. There is nothing macho about killing cats with dogs.

TC

Much as i agree theres nothing big or clever in a dog killing or even chasing a cat.......im not sure i buy this " if you cant break a dog to cats dont have one ".....i mean theres no onus on dog owners to break their dogs to rabbits,guinea pigs or any other domestic pet what makes a cat so special surely its the responsibility of any owner of a domestic pet to control and ensure its safety/welfare.......even cats.......no ?
because he sits there stroking his pussy and jingling his knitting needles like dr evil, whilst wearing his Mrs nightgown

TC

I see your point, but as a general rule, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters etc don't leave their cages/runs unattended....and whether you agree with it or not, cats are independent creatures and often explore outside their own garden. This is the society we live in, as it is now, and until this changes, I think it's the responsible thing to do to ensure ones' dog is trained appropriately and doesn't erupt into an uncontrollable killing machine whenever it happens to encounter a cat.

TC

I see your point, but as a general rule, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters etc don't leave their cages/runs unattended....and whether you agree with it or not, cats are independent creatures and often explore outside their own garden. This is the society we live in, as it is now, and until this changes, I think it's the responsible thing to do to ensure ones' dog is trained appropriately and doesn't erupt into an uncontrollable killing machine whenever it happens to encounter a cat.

So basically....dog owners have to be responsible pet owners........but cat owners dont..........your right it is the society we live in......but it shouldnt be really should it.

I dont know what the legalities are for running over a cat when your driving but should the onus be on drivers to avoid cats in the road as well.....I just dont understand this special dispensation cat owners seem to have for being irresponsible

TC

So basically....dog owners have to be responsible pet owners........but cat owners dont..........your right it is the society we live in......but it shouldnt be really should it.

I dont know what the legalities are for running over a cat when your driving but should the onus be on drivers to avoid cats in the road as well.....I just dont understand this special dispensation cat owners seem to have for being irresponsible

Us humans have created and shaped the society we live in, not the cats - we (humans) domesticated them and like to keep them as pets. I think running over a cat if it can possibly be avoided is pretty low behaviour to be honest. If people feel so strongly about cats being allowed out of the home unattended, then they need to lobby their MP and get the law changed. People seem to be directing their anger at the cats themselves...surely the fault lies with irresponsible owners?

The last house I lived in.in wales next door had a cat.

Last summer the wife spends dozens upon dozens of hrs in the garden.

Flower beds.veg patch.

And every night next doors cat would shit in the veg patch without fail.

Then 1 day a young lad walked down the lane and his 2 bull x had a grip on the cat and killed.

Was me or the wife upset.no far from it i was glad it was killed.

Dirty stinking cat.

The last house I lived in.in wales next door had a cat.

Last summer the wife spends dozens upon dozens of hrs in the garden.

Flower beds.veg patch.

And every night next doors cat would shit in the veg patch without fail.

Then 1 day a young lad walked down the lane and his 2 bull x had a grip on the cat and killed.

Was me or the wife upset.no far from it i was glad it was killed.

Dirty stinking cat.

I rest my case.

TC

Us humans have created and shaped the society we live in, not the cats - we (humans) domesticated them and like to keep them as pets. I think running over a cat if it can possibly be avoided is pretty low behaviour to be honest. If people feel so strongly about cats being allowed out of the home unattended, then they need to lobby their MP and get the law changed. People seem to be directing their anger at the cats themselves...surely the fault lies with irresponsible owners?

Is that not what i just said :blink:.​....i have nothing against cats i just dont see why everybody else apart from their owners have to be responsible for them !

• Like 1

I don't want it dead but, I've just discovered some b*****ds cat has been shitting in the new stones in my front garden.

I wonder what the law is regarding me going and taking a shit on someones lawn when I find out where it lives.

Yes, you're right....I'd add that the onus should be on everyone who drives to avoid any animal if at all possible.

The reason i brought drivers into it is because i remember a few years ago driving along at a reasonable speed and almost having a head on collision with a young family trying to avoid a cat running across the road....i think its an automatic reaction to try to avoid any animal running across the road but it made me realise how close i came to wiping out an entire young family in order to avoid a pet cat that was somebody elses responsibility.

Yes, you're right....I'd add that the onus should be on everyone who drives to avoid any animal if at all possible.

The reason i brought drivers into it is because i remember a few years ago driving along at a reasonable speed and almost having a head on collision with a young family trying to avoid a cat running across the road....i think its an automatic reaction to try to avoid any animal running across the road but it made me realise how close i came to wiping out an entire young family in order to avoid a pet cat that was somebody elses responsibility.
I did hear before about not being allowed to swerve for animals in the road and it was the law gnasher.maybe it's the law or not im not 100% sure though.

Whatever you think of what is right or wrong, or dog laws versus cat laws, you will either end up being person A or person B. And yes, it sucks. But the law is at it is.

Person A

It was horrific, my cat got chased and caught by a dog, and killed, but the dogs owner was so apologetic, and it was an accident - the cat ran right in front of the dog and the rest is nature. He took the cat to the vet, but it sadly died. He paid the bill, came to check we were all ok, was very sorry, told us his dog would be under more careful control in future, and offered to help us find a new cat if we wanted. We all know nature happens, just not always in front of our eyes and so graphically, but the whole unpleasant situation was handled well, and no grudges are borne.

Person B

It was horrific, my cat got chased and caught by a dog, and killed, and the owner was a complete idiot, and seems to think it is somehow a thing that just happens, and as the cat was quite an independent creature, it was the cats fault for being out in the road ! He won't help with the vet bill - I have very little money and a large vet bill for a dead cat is making me struggle, and he won't even apologise for the lurcher being loose ! Those lurchers are a nighmare - something should be done - no wonder they banned hunting, and now this. Dog kills my cat - whats next - another child ? These dogs need to be banned !

Whatever your views you would be better off doing a damage limitation exercise.

• Like 2