Coursing Dogs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not really white its cream, probably from saluki, its just from line breeding and in breeding and keeping the same line going, most of these cream coursing dogs are of similar breeding

The brindle ones are faster if the stripes go from left to right if they go from right to left or vertical, well to much resistance which encourages the opposite effect.

It's cream ,diluted red ,and from the Saluki I'd say

Not all coursing dogs are white. But the tendency toward white dogs is practical. They are easier to see in the field. You will see black ones and all sorts of colors in between.

By same token I don't like black or white falcons for bird control work because they are harder to see in certain weather or time of day.

would of thought its something to do with breeding the best dogs to each other i went a game fare and they were saying that their beagles were losing their colour through just breeding the bestr dogs to each other an were slowly becoming nearly white

• Like 1

Not all coursing dogs are white. But the tendency toward white dogs is practical. They are easier to see in the field. You will see black ones and all sorts of colors in between.

By same token I don't like black or white falcons for bird control work because they are harder to see in certain weather or time of day.

We dont breed for colour here genrally,but I would say with most lurcher lads the tendency is against white. The coursing dogs are largely very light fawn for the reasons Peng gave.

its not really white its cream, probably from saluki, its just from line breeding and in breeding and keeping the same line going, most of these cream coursing dogs are of similar breeding

• Like 3

Sorry cock I bet to differ, my dickhead is defo a blackeyed white ;)