• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that the most stupid decision I've ever heard . There's no way I would have had her put down if she was that good of a dog . she's still only young she's give who ever three season's but coz s

Lee if your bitch was as good as you say i cant for the world understand why you pts.The other dog you have JOE you have said that it does not look like he is going to make a digging dog as he has com

What a shame a good little dog who was prepared to give her all ended up with someone who wouldn't do the same for her..

Posted Images

pretty common in bulldogs. i had a bitch that had a severe one. never come right and was pts. think from memory some of her littermate were the same. i asked on a forum i was on some years back and an old timer told me to mate her and she would go back. she was very young at the time and i did think it was right to breed her.

I did mate yes a hard decision for me as it leave me workerless. Took her to the vet was told I had 2 choices neutering or pts having limited space I'm afraid I didn't want to be left with a bitch that was a dead end so to speak. I did consult the breeder who gave me her before and after the event

I think that the most stupid decision I've ever heard . There's no way I would have had her put down if she was that good of a dog . she's still only young she's give who ever three season's but coz she can't have pups you pts . Think it takes the piss a bit . Just my opinion

• Like 11

I think that the most stupid decision I've ever heard . There's no way I would have had her put down if she was that good of a dog . she's still only young she's give who ever three season's but coz she can't have pups you pts . Think it takes the piss a bit . Just my opinion

Exactly what I'm thinking a good working terrier is a good working terrier,whether they can breed or not! You could have the best bitch who could breed killed at work!when my bitch died of pyometra when I took her to vets they were taking her uterus out and trying to save her I'd of payed thousands to keep that bitch for a couple more seasons instead she died and got a £600 bill lol

Shit that isn't it . A bitch we had got ill had to be spade . Best bitch we've ever had . Nothing since has come close . This happened when she was 4 we was still digging to her at 14 . Before everyone jumps on that I don't mean we dug to her regular at 14 it was just a one off . The thing is Lee now could spend the next few years trying to find a decent worker when he already had one in his kennels .
  • Like 2

Why would you pts a wotking bitch at 4 year old just because she could not have pups,there would have been another 5-6 seasons left in her.Lee your choice i know but its not that very long ago that you were on here saying how lucky you were to actually recieve that bitch and how good a worker she was,seems a shame to destroy her,jmho.

• Like 3

Sitting here with hind sight I actually think you are right it was a very stupid decision but one that has been made and carried through something I'm gonna have to reflect on for a good while I can amagine we all make mistakes some bigger than others

• Like 1

I think in time you'll realise it was a massive mistake . I know what your saying your limited to space . In the terrier game your never limited to space for a great worker . Also it sounds like you wanted to breed your own dogs line etc . You'll never do this on limited space . To breed and carry on a line . You need a lot of space or a good few trusted mates . And that breeding could all still fail then you have to start again . You could buy another pup in from them lines and it could fail . But you would of still had a working bitch .

• Like 2

There's plenty of lads in this forum with great experience and advice. If not sure about something it's alot easier to ask the question on here first then make the decision. Everyone makes mistakes but that bitch would be still alive if lads on here were asked their opinion first before pts.

Getting decent stock as pups is the only way of knowing what they've done or whats happened to them, when lads start off everyone unloads their sh*te onto them, I've said it before Lee you are an expert when it suits you giving out advice on the forum to novices and then on other occasions telling everyone that you know nothing, I wouldn't let you have a barbie doll to look after,you're either grey matter challenged or plain stupid, WM

• Like 2