I've been told to pick between digging dogs and running dogs because it's hard to do both. Just wondered if any of you lot do both I've always had lurchers but now I've got a terrier and after a lurcher. I can't see the problem myself in having both but never done much digging so don't know.

Cheers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell whoevers making the ultimatum to choose between dogs or the single life ,simples .

Neil I think some folk don't teach a dog to sit still/keep quiet on couples when around a hole etc.my bull bitch sits patiently until given the command-be it rabbit,fox-when we are flying hawks she ma

Have to agree that lurchers can be a pain in the ass around a dig. I can only think of a couple of lurchers over the years that while you were working the terrier you wouldn't know there was a lurcher

Usually work and family commitments dictate less time with the mutts so it's best to choose one or the other. I had both when I first started and then with the said restrictions I went down the terrier route, in time I'll get a lurcher again no doubt.

That's pretty much what I was told. going to have a think about it cheers

Wouldn't be without either mate, the day u go without a lurcher the fox will bolt, the day u go without a terrier the lurcher will put 1 to ground, seen it happen,

That's where nets and a shotgun come in handy

How's it handy if u have no terrier?

Ment if he just had a terrier[/quote

Imo I would rather watch it bolt and the lurcher to give it a good course and for it to get away and b there for another day than shooting it, just the way I am I suppose ]

I'm of the same opinion as 5 feet down. I personally wouldn't keep a lurcher for having around a dig for all the reasons he said.

My idea of a lurcher is a Saluki/Grey type for running other stuff day or night.

We all have our own preferences though.

• Like 1