was out at a garden/paddock perm the other night and was talking to the owner.. the rabbits are all over wrecking his garden but when i show up there hardly ever there!

he's sat there during the day watching them out of his window so i offered to leave him a riffle, then he says I've got one..

so here it is in need of a bit of TLC :icon_eek:

post-102306-0-39098000-1464815210.jpg

post-102306-0-99255100-1464815264.jpg

had a butchers on poo tube and the trigger looked a right pain to get off but it loosend off with the first tap :laugh: bonus!

i fired it before the strip down but to say stiff.... understatement! I'm surprised it even fired!

what a mission to get the piston out :censored: not a drop of oil or grease in the bloody thing so i poured some oil onto the piston rings and sat back and had a brew!! bash bash result.... its out and amazingly the seals are in good nick

post-102306-0-53306400-1464815724.jpg

so if the weathers sh!te again tomorrow nighy i'll be giving the internals a good polish and mollying but if the suns out ill be playing out with the 110 :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I have a few airsporters (Around 13 at last count!!) This mk6 is the latest addition     It's in superb condition and shoots lovely too! I swapped a customised Crosman 2250 for it    

Hi Mac   Here's a mk1 HW80 that I bought that was dead rusty, I got it from SDS dive shop here in Sheffield for £60..     I stripped the action and ground down to below the deepest pitts..  

was out at a garden/paddock perm the other night and was talking to the owner.. the rabbits are all over wrecking his garden but when i show up there hardly ever there! he's sat there during the day

Posted Images

Is he giving you the gun Si or are you doing him a favour sorting it out. Externally, it looks in good condition.

I remember coverting one of these that my pal had. We had permission to shoot rats on a potato dump on a big farm estate and recall so very clearly at the age of about 14 sitting with my BSA Meteor glancing with such envy at John's gleaming new Airsporter but never had one. Often wished he fall off his bike on the way back and not want to shoot anymore so he would give it to me, strange thoughts pass through a kid's head. I wont talk about the other thoughts I had however.

Phil

• Like 2

Besides the dry internals, it looks like he's looked after it pal.

no just fixing it up for him so he can blast the hooligans from the house

the stocks a bit battered and there are some big chunks and gouges so not to sure its worth giving it a mac over :whistling: cos the buleing is paggerd and the barrels well pitted too!

as long as it shoots well i think he'll be happy

atb si

• Like 1

Is he giving you the gun Si or are you doing him a favour sorting it out. Externally, it looks in good condition.

I remember coverting one of these that my pal had. We had permission to shoot rats on a potato dump on a big farm estate and recall so very clearly at the age of about 14 sitting with my BSA Meteor glancing with such envy at John's gleaming new Airsporter but never had one. Often wished he fall off his bike on the way back and not want to shoot anymore so he would give it to me, strange thoughts pass through a kid's head. I wont talk about the other thoughts I had however.

Phil

Lol, that made me laugh, you cyclepath lol ? Edited by Underdog
  • Like 2

This one's mine. Not pulled it apart yet.

This is a MK6 with a Tasco 4x40 scope on a Sportsmatch one piece set back mount.

d1954c35-d070-4c81-b9f5-cf7d6a3426c3_zps

I bought it some years back. I had coveted a friend's when I was starting out with a .22 Meteor. In fact I think me buying his Meteor helped pay for his upgrade.

Very, very light compared to a Pro Sport.

• Like 3

Old BSA guns are real nice looking, like the mercury for example too. Iv seen an airsporter in the gun shop the other week. had to be strong and have a word to myself not to come away with it. Really nice that peskywabbits.

Hi

I have a few airsporters (Around 13 at last count!!) This mk6 is the latest addition :thumbs:

qH2MdfS.jpg

It's in superb condition and shoots lovely too! I swapped a customised Crosman 2250 for it :boogy:

HyGHs3d.jpg

There's a few more Airsporters in thes two pics..

l3WGvOs.jpg

6SX0h7h.jpg

John :bye:

• Like 7

Besides the dry internals, it looks like he's looked after it pal.

no just fixing it up for him so he can blast the hooligans from the house

the stocks a bit battered and there are some big chunks and gouges so not to sure its worth giving it a mac over :whistling: cos the buleing is paggerd and the barrels well pitted too!

as long as it shoots well i think he'll be happy

atb si

Go on give it a mac over you no you want to :laugh::thumbs:

if the pitting is that bad just rub it over prime and paint

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi

I have a few airsporters (Around 13 at last count!!) This mk6 is the latest addition :thumbs:

qH2MdfS.jpg

It's in superb condition and shoots lovely too! I swapped a customised Crosman 2250 for it :boogy:

HyGHs3d.jpg

l3WGvOs.jpg

6SX0h7h.jpg

is there any guns you haven't collected? :D

very nice

• Like 1

Hi

qH2MdfS.jpg

HyGHs3d.jpg

l3WGvOs.jpg

6SX0h7h.jpg

Jesus.

Hi

qH2MdfS.jpg

HyGHs3d.jpg

l3WGvOs.jpg

6SX0h7h.jpg

Jesus.

Err :whistling:

Le3S9AB.jpg

• Like 2