Someones In Trouble......

Been doing a hell of a lot of trapping lately....got this footage today........

The DVD is coming along, I've got just over 40 minutes of footage so should have it done by the end of the week....but it's going to take a while longer to work out how I want to release and market it.....I'd say there's some unique footage on it...but then again, I suppose I'm biased!! ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

post-16-0-73243300-1464639071_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Is it a how to dvd? Im gonna have a bash at the trapping this season

No matey, I don't know enough to advise, 'how to', it's more of a 'how i do it' .....lots of catches on film, not just checking traps, but actual images of traps being fired. I'm probably goingto make the first one about 70 mins long...but it will only cover about 6 or 7 items...so not even scratched the surface....for example the rat snaring part is over 20 mins long, but to do it any less would be leaving too much info out...lots of night time trailcam footage etc... :thumbs:

• Like 3

The DVD is coming along, I've got just over 40 minutes of footage so should have it done by the end of the week....but it's going to take a while longer to work out how I want to release and market it.....I'd say there's some unique footage on it...but then again, I suppose I'm biased!! ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought that you'd been quiet lately. That video editing certainly runs away with your time.

I thought that you'd been quiet lately. That video editing certainly runs away with your time.

Took me 17 hours to do the first 7 mins ha ha ...I'm learning.! But I've got faster now....will have it finished by the end of the week..... :victory:

• Like 1

I am looking forward to watching this ... I haven't got the technical know how equipment or the inclination to make something like this so apart from the odd trail cam clip or the times I've been sat up near a trap and watched a live catch then myself like most trappers only ever see a set trap then a full one so this dvd will be a very interesting watch .......

• Like 6

I am looking forward to watching this ... I haven't got the technical know how equipment or the inclination to make something like this so apart from the odd trail cam clip or the times I've been sat up near a trap and watched a live catch then myself like most trappers only ever see a set trap then a full one so this dvd will be a very interesting watch .......

Just getting the footage has been a real difficult thing....I've just managed to get a great Fenn Rabbit catch on camera but it took me a year! Everything seems to go wrong, there's leaves blowing, mice running, the batterys get drained ands then the frigging cam misses the actualk catch and yet picks up a slug moving!

I toio have little technical know-how and splicing trail cam clips and gopro clips together has been a real brain strain...it took me 5 hours just to gte a still images spliced into the moving images.... :blink: ..it's drove me up the wall, but I've learned a little bit and things have gotten quicker......but it's not been easy for a guy with a tiny brain, like myself....I will let everyone know when it's finished and i have it available on a website etc....there's never been anything at all like this done before in the whole wide world as far as i'm aware.... :victory:

Happy Trapping Folks... :bye:

• Like 8

Just getting the footage has been a real difficult thing....I've just managed to get a great Fenn Rabbit catch on camera but it took me a year! Everything seems to go wrong, there's leaves blowing, mice running, the batterys get drained ands then the frigging cam misses the actualk catch and yet picks up a slug moving!

I toio have little technical know-how and splicing trail cam clips and gopro clips together has been a real brain strain...it took me 5 hours just to gte a still images spliced into the moving images.... :blink: ..it's drove me up the wall, but I've learned a little bit and things have gotten quicker......but it's not been easy for a guy with a tiny brain, like myself....I will let everyone know when it's finished and i have it available on a website etc....there's never been anything at all like this done before in the whole wide world as far as i'm aware.... :victory:

Fair play and credit where credits due that takes some doing ... I'm not one for dvd's or books on hunting Fishing etc But I will definitely be getting one of these dvd's .......

• Like 1

I'm sure that you are being modest as usual JD.

What editing program are you using?

• Like 1

i am interested in the behavour of the animals around the traps.

I believe the american trapper, Clint Locklear, did a night trapping dvd on coyotes, coons, cats etc which pioneered improved trapping sets. "Teachers of the night."

i watched a rabbit hop into a set where i had some Juby traps there was barely a twitch and it was dead another time i was driving through

a place called Burton Coggles where i saw a rabbit run at full pelt into a snare ,it was pulled up very sharp but not injured

i watched a rabbit hop into a set where i had some Juby traps there was barely a twitch and it was dead another time i was driving through

a place called Burton Coggles where i saw a rabbit run at full pelt into a snare ,it was pulled up very sharp but not injured

Spent many a happy evening round Burton Coggles ......with the lurchers when I was young...

• Like 1