Test Drive The Bis Mags

After this afternoons testing I left it a bit late but managed an hour on the golf course and bagged a couple of bunnies before dark, shooting up a banking at 38 and 42 yards. Thankfully I took my rangefinder as the slightly loopier trajectory of them compared to the exacts will take some getting used to but bloody hell they hit hard! Both rabbits just toppled over stone dead without hardly a kick at all.

What I did notice was that at these ranges, the exacts would leave an exit wound where the slower bisleys didn't but the kill seemed equally as humane which is the important thing. All in all I'm pleased with the added weight?

Thanks for reading again lads.

post-94518-0-56958200-1462224711_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You can't get more dead than dead, if the Bisley Mags stayed in, they would seem to have imparted more energy into the rabbit.

If the Exacts passed through them, energy was wasted, just the same, plenty was imparted to do the job!

The accuracy v energy debate at work, if you can combine both you are on a real winner!

I have always found the Bisley Mags to be decent quality, and being heavy pellets they can have their uses, but at 12ft lb they can obviously have a bit of an arc. On the whole most tend to use them at FAC powers, where they can be excellent!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Tried um in my rapid and they're ok, I wanted um to be better. Tried Exact Heavies, Crosman Prems 10.4, Accupels, FTT's and Magnums and I really did want the mags to be top. But sigh... it was H&N.

Pellet fussy the 7.

• Like 2

On Vermin Hunters tv the Brocock Compatto makes a lethal combination with the Bisley Mags in .177 cal.

Yes I clocked that simon was using them.

He speaks very highly of them with the compatto?

Nice one again matt, i use bizley mags in my r10, i used them in the 3 different hw100's and in some falcons ive had and i recon they are great pellets mate, like you said they hit realy hard and when you get used to them with your scope you will be impressed with them at good distances as well, atb

• Like 1

Must admit that they group really well in my HW100 .177 but strangely the H&N Baracuda Match, supposedly the same pellet just was not as good.

Phil

That might be because of a difference in headsize Phil?

I've got a couple of tins of Bisley Magnum .177 4.51mm headsize pellets and been trying them in my .177 Daystate Regal, which loves 4.51mm Air Arms Field Diablos. . Very impressed when the Magnums grouped well on my test range and then, took out two pigeons at over 50 metres off the trees at the bottom of the garden. :hunter:

Very impressive performance. Going out with them on the rabbits tomorrow night.

• Like 1