Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

9.30 this evening I was sat at home with the wife and grandson when I heard a loud noise from outside, thought nothing of it until 5 minutes later when a young lady knocked at the door " excuse me is that your estate car outside" 'yes I said" "sorry but my daughter has just ran into with her scooter". Fcuking great I thought. I went out to inspect the car no real damage minor scrape and a scuff, will have a better look in the morning. Anyway calmed the young girl down, she was in bits and very apologetic, then the father turns up, I explained what happened told him not to worry and we can sort the car later, just see your girls ok.

The father could not be happier daughter was ok, no heavy damage to the car, and I told him to leave the scooter here until tomorrow and he could pick it up then.

Brought them all in doors for a coffee while we swapped details. It was then he clocked the running dog " you work the dog he asked" " on occasion I replied. On the kitchen table he seen an empty 6.5 "casing shoot as well he said" now I am thinking nosey b@stard, " yeah I do a bit" I said, "me to I like my shooting and dog work" he said.

"I have plenty of land a couple of mile up the road if you fancy a look out he said" I asked what is it you do?

I am a game keeper he said, come and see me and I will sort you out with some shooting and a place to exercise your dogs.

MERRY FCUKING XMAS DEL and thank you to that young girl for choosing my car

:toast: :toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

• Like 16

sadly a lot of people wouldnt have knocked on your door, and in return a lot of people wouldve made a big deal out of it. Just shows there are some genuine people left in this world. getting in with a local game keeper is worth a bit of t-cut and elbow grease!

• Like 1