Dandruff On Dogs?

Is there anything I might be doing wrong or not feeding enough of, that contributes to dandruff in dogs? Mine probably don't get as much veg as some peoples dogs on here do, their coats are shiny and they look well with plenty of energy, but when I brush the beddy x's out they both seem to have a fair bit of flaky skin... Any advice will be gratefully received!

Cheers

Sniffer

I reccomend one of these to strip any dead hair...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/furminator-deshedding-tool

And a good oil supplement, I use this...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Ultimate+oil+KM&isNewKw=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xultimate+oil+km&sqp=ultimate+oil+km

Mine used to have dandruff and always looked dull when I just used a traditional brush and didn't add the oil. She looks better for it now...

C2C035FD-7A5D-4BDF-8C4E-139848EC4158_zps

• Like 4

I reccomend one of these to strip any dead hair...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/furminator-deshedding-tool

And a good oil supplement, I use this...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Ultimate+oil+KM&isNewKw=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xultimate+oil+km&sqp=ultimate+oil+km

Mine used to have dandruff and always looked dull when I just used a traditional brush and didn't add the oil. She looks better for it now...

C2C035FD-7A5D-4BDF-8C4E-139848EC4158_zps

Fairplay gaz, most of the pics I've seen of this bitch she's gleaming :thumbs:

Cheers Shark appreciate that.

Krawnden I give them oil of some description daily. Not always the Ultimate oil. They probably get that 3 times a week, cheap vegetable oil or sunflower oil a couple of times and tinned markeral a couple of times. Also put plenty of lard on the feed a few times a week.

Edited to add I never measure it, I would say a good tablespoon. Just a glug over the meal.

Change whatever bubble bath you're using and make sure theres softener in their bedding wash...

Tig gets it, fed loads of oily fish and meat, I put it down to living in and being a black dog, also maybe part of his diet as he often gets leftovers from kids food (not mine). They all look in fine fettle to me, Atb Joe

Maybe just some dogs are more prone than others?

My brindle bitch lives indoors and more than half of her diet is leftovers from the table.

Krawnden I give them oil of some description daily. Not always the Ultimate oil. They probably get that 3 times a week, cheap vegetable oil or sunflower oil a couple of times and tinned markeral a couple of times. Also put plenty of lard on the feed a few times a week.

Edited to add I never measure it, I would say a good tablespoon. Just a glug over the meal.

Maybe I should up the oil content of mine. They get lard on meat a couple of times/week and oily fish once a week, but no more than that . But that brindle bitch of yours looks in fine fettle. :thumbs:

Maybe I should up the oil content of mine. They get lard on meat a couple of times/week and oily fish once a week, but no more than that . But that brindle bitch of yours looks in fine fettle. :thumbs:

Cheers fella. Mine don't get the raw like they used to. 3 nights a week tops with a pint of Dr Johns Titanium which is a pretty cheap biscuit. Brindle bitch virtually lives on table scraps as she lives inside full time now. I just make sure they all get plenty of oil and fat.

My pup has got a thick double coat and it never looks as shiny as I think a smoother coat would but it's got it's uses in the field...

E2FF5FB6-38F0-4A3C-BB4C-F559C37224C6.png

Change whatever bubble bath you're using and make sure theres softener in their bedding wash...

Tig gets it, fed loads of oily fish and meat, I put it down to living in and being a black dog, also maybe part of his diet as he often gets leftovers from kids food (not mine). They all look in fine fettle to me, Atb Joe

It's clear to see there would be no left overs from yours Joe!! Lol

• Like 1