Using Bait For Foxes

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trick i used to use years ago was to get a battery analogue travel clock one of the small ones, take the battery cover off and tie some fishing line to the battery on the other end of the fishing line

Sat around my sons pens at release time last year and he tipped deer guts out in open areas to draw them. It worked a treat. I shot 14 over the week I was there. We've also shot them over fallen stock

Bloody hell you learn something everyday lol good idea mate thats something I'll definitely have to try Me and my mate went out tonight and set up a bit of a baiting station with a few dead lambs wit

Well be out since half five just as it was getting light out comes charlie walked up the hedge and started pouncing on the bait and pulling bits off

It was a while before it stopped still enough but stop it did lol

Nice chest shot at just over 200 yards happy days going to give it an hour then have a look for some pigeons

They can be frustrating sometimes, but that's a long shot for a baited fox.

Was the site tricky, I can usually get them much closer than that when baiting!

Cheers

Yes deker to be honest there is a road on two sides of the field and the only place with a decent backstop was on the opposite side

I drove into the field with cowsheds behind me so I didn't stick out like a saw thumb

I obviously would of liked to halved the distance as it was a tricky beggar and that might of been my only chance of a shot and it was 270 yards as I paced it out when I picked it up

Being lazy I suppose, I could of walked down the hedge and lay down with the mat and bipod but as it was snowing I thought bugger that not only that but the fields around here are soaking and I didn't want to push my luck

This works HORSE HOOF boil in water and leave simmering 1 to 2 hours then bottle up you can use there and then but if you leave it a few months it gets better with age

Out of curiosity , would boiled cow hoof work with the same affect?
dont have a clue mate give it a go
  • Like 1