Boxing At The Weekend...

Once tyson gets the node on he's throat removed & does away with UKAD , who couldn't run a bath and are a pack of complete dinlos who don't seem to know what they are doing , he will be back 

can see why people say he won't comeback an it's a long old road he's been going down and still is but he's getting near the end now ?

Edited by Billy b

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

The money itself should be motivation enough imho, its not like he can really ever go back to doing a day job is it? lol , he had the hunger and talent once to compete and win at the very highest level, and I assume that in todays field he like we all agree is the biggest challenger out there, wilder and Parker are just in the way so too speak, I think even if by chance AJ where to loose his belts I still reckon this fight would be massive and sell bigger than any other in history, the thought of Fury coming right after a couple of warm up fghts and Aj having all the belts would be greatest night in UK  Boxing , with Tyson the there's no denying the talent nor the massive danger he poses, he can frustrate opponents and make them go against there own plan,  likesay a long long road back to face mostly alone, likely its the best place for him to be, good luck too the man , even doing it will put him in a far better place, he deserves his slice of the pie, Ive always sad that, I seriously doubt he actually got that much for his world title win, and I think that likely art of the problem, I hope this time the team around him do him the same service he does them stepping in the ring to put food on their tables, , as for AJ he can only keep developing at the rate he is going now, he can dictate the pace a little I guess should he choose too, but I honestly cant see it myself, I'm pretty sur he will face all of them in good time, interesting year ahead

Saunders looking vastly improved as well going from strength to strength, looking forward to his fight soon, could be a massive turning point for him imho big year ahead should he win

The fury's are very wealthy men, they was all wealthy before boxing & would be wealthy without it, boxing has obviously helped a lot though? Tyson has recently been getting 20k & such to do after dinner talking so even without boxing he is never short of a bit of folding 

Obviouslys the money the aj fight will make will be a big factor in he's return an one that will motivate him, but Tyson would never be one to go back to boxing purely for cash 

He is entitled to he's piece of the pie you're right ? While Tyson is still whipping himself into shape I'd like to see aj box wilder. For me, wilder ain't all that either, bad footwork, bad form, not v good technique or boxing basics , but is a tryer & very heavy handed - aj-wilder is 50/50 imo, a case of who lands first and wilder has a very real chance of ko'ing Joshua , wilders shots come hard & fast & with Joshua's bad head/lateral movement it could see him sparked ? But for a title holder wilders resume is jank ? And he was rocked by Harold scoiners so he could very well be ko'd himself but he'd be aj's most live opponent & Joshua ain't got the strongest chin himself , Dillian Whyte could've had him in more trouble imo but he, like klitschko took he's foot of the gas when he should of kept the pressure on

whyte has proved to be not much good lately though imo, game, but not all that 

Bills move to Sheffield to train with the ingles was a good one ? Too distracted back home & Sheffield took him away from all that , he is looking in cracking shape for Lemieux fight, Lemieux has some shot on him, for one-shot power, one of the hardest hitters in the middleweight div, but what let's him down is he's actual boxing - Lemieux can be out boxed very easily as ggg shown with a sharp jab & good movement . Bill is too shrewd a boxer for Lemieux and bill will take the fight by wide decision, bill is very good at making fighters work more than they want too & his boxing skills are very very good 

4 hours ago, Billy b said:

The fury's are very wealthy men, they was all wealthy before boxing & would be wealthy without it, boxing has obviously helped a lot though? Tyson has recently been getting 20k & such to do after dinner talking so even without boxing he is never short of a bit of folding 

Obviouslys the money the aj fight will make will be a big factor in he's return an one that will motivate him, but Tyson would never be one to go back to boxing purely for cash 

He is entitled to he's piece of the pie you're right ? While Tyson is still whipping himself into shape I'd like to see aj box wilder. For me, wilder ain't all that either, bad footwork, bad form, not v good technique or boxing basics , but is a tryer & very heavy handed - aj-wilder is 50/50 imo, a case of who lands first and wilder has a very real chance of ko'ing Joshua , wilders shots come hard & fast & with Joshua's bad head/lateral movement it could see him sparked ? But for a title holder wilders resume is jank ? And he was rocked by Harold scoiners so he could very well be ko'd himself but he'd be aj's most live opponent & Joshua ain't got the strongest chin himself , Dillian Whyte could've had him in more trouble imo but he, like klitschko took he's foot of the gas when he should of kept the pressure on

whyte has proved to be not much good lately though imo, game, but not all that 

Bills move to Sheffield to train with the ingles was a good one ? Too distracted back home & Sheffield took him away from all that , he is looking in cracking shape for Lemieux fight, Lemieux has some shot on him, for one-shot power, one of the hardest hitters in the middleweight div, but what let's him down is he's actual boxing - Lemieux can be out boxed very easily as ggg shown with a sharp jab & good movement . Bill is too shrewd a boxer for Lemieux and bill will take the fight by wide decision, bill is very good at making fighters work more than they want too & his boxing skills are very very good 

Who is going to pay that clown 20k to talk ffs. He' a down and out crackpot coke head

He's done it a few times now ?

Doesnt matter if folk believe it or not 

anyone calls Tyson "a down and out crackpot Coke head" has no idea about the things he's got and the money he's got 

if tysons down an out then he ain't doing too bad ?

Edited by Billy b
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

He was doing after dinner speaking up here at the weekend 

£100 per head.

Hed be a lot more interesting than AJ to listen to for a couple hours that's for sure.

Also if he does come back to boxing and gets himself in the same shape mental physically and emotionally as he was when he dethroned Klitch he will School AJ

He took the piss out of Klitch

Then a 18 month older Klitch gave AJ all sorts of trouble nearly stoppping him.

To many haters out there re Fury 

They best just judge on boxing ability and Fury when right is head and shoulders above AJ

max , you carnt be serious  mate , Fury  got to  be worst heavyweight  to get into a ring in the last   10 years,  his last fight was shit , fook me he only threw  1/2 dozen punches  the complete fight  . AJ not much better , but at least he try and make fight out of it, not feckin run around for 12 rounds  no hitting his opponent   . i hope  they do get it on , and Fury  prob  beat  him  on points, because he certainly   WONT knock him  out . AJ the best we got at moment   great puncher , but  alot of flaws in his style, and a good boxer / puncher  will finish  fairly easy  deff.   i dont rate AJ   compared to some of the great heavyweights   = Ali , larry holmes  etc,  but if your going to talk about heavyweight  boxers  neither  AJ or Fury  are anywhere  in that league   , but  AJ deff the better boxer of the 2, forget hype and all that crap , just be honest   regards  the sport and  who out there   :yes:

Tyson an aj aren't in the league of the old heavies and no onrd trying to compare them too them 

but aj is not the better boxer, aj has never feinted or gave anyone different angles in he's whole career, he's amateur pedigree is nowhere near tysons and he doesn't know he's way around the ring as well as tyson either, he's not a switch hitter and he keeps he's head in the one place all the time with not much lateral movement

when it comes to boxing Tyson is leagues above aj 

Rusty there's a thing in fighting circles called the triangle theory. If you don't already know, what that means mate is this - basically just cos a fighter has certain names on he's resume it doesn't mean another fighter will lose to him. Or another way to look at it is two fighters are about to fight, they've both at some stage fought the same fighter in there careers and one beat him the other lost - in the upcoming fight, it doesn't mean the one who won is going to beat the one who lost 

styles make fights

so you can't compare resumes at this point really, neither has a top resume, but the men in the HW div today aren't much cop - Tyson and aj can only fight who's about 

but Tyson schooling wlad the way he did speaks for itself imo, Tyson done things in that fight aj has never even attempted 

and imo them guys breazeale an all them are world class on paper, and got to world title level cos Joshua was gifted the belts, they aren't really world level heavies at all

i know you wasn't suggesting that you think aj's resume is better so you'd think he'd beat Tyson , was sayin just in general that styles make fights above all else

Aj is a strong bullish fighter but he doesn't set traps, feint, use angles, and like I said above, he is a v good combo puncher but after he's thrown he's combos he looks defensively vulnerable after, fighters like luis Ortiz an Tyson would see that 

aj has done very well he's made a decent bit of luvver, he's got he's name and brand out there, he's strong, but when you think of "master boxer" aj isn't in that category

when he's training with rob McCracken sometimes on the pads he's movement looks lovely ? But he never brings it into the ring for some reason....

and for Takam fight rumour was he was going to come in at "career lowest weight" and he was career heaviest ! Aj definitely doesn't have elite level stamina 

We all have our opinions mate, and see things a fighter does in a different way. Sometimes it's just a case of what you like, that's why there's been such divvy scores from judges in the past at times! What one judge sees/likes can be totally different to the next

Before Tyson fit wlad, it was all watch out for that left hook, Tyson going to get kayo, he's no good he's this he's that, but on the night tysons gameplan made it such that wlad may as well have had none at all, a old pro like wlad was never frightened and never planned to have such a bad workfare, he was just out thought and out foxed by Tyson - aj never presented him these issues so he was able to take it too him. I'm not making excuses here, this is just my opinion, wlad was in cracking shape and fought like a horse kicking in the aj fight, career best shape imo, but still he was 42year old and imo he just lacked that little bit of spite when he needed it the most! It was bang on aj in the 7th round and wlad just didn't have enough to keep the pressure on & if he did he wouldlve finished aj cos he's stamina was letting him down badly. Aj does have bad stamina, but ill say he clearly has decent recovery skills, you need to stick on him when you rock him and you'll ? have him imo . 

Id of liked to have seen aj fight Povetkin aswel, there's still time of course but there is a few better names Hearn could've sorted aj to box 

Like I said a few posts ago though wlad was divvy for not working the body ! Had he worked the body aj would've been a beaten man! Oh well, if me aunt had balls......

No one is right or wrong at this stage when you talk Tyson v aj, but for me, while aj has the brute strength and power to clearly ko/stop all in he's way, he lacks many things that would get him to that point. Some people are so sure aj will spark Tyson, I goes why, they say 'he will just come out all guns blazing' ?? it doesn't work like that in the pro ring, it's not pub fightin or a straightener 

aj came out like a bull vs wlad and if I remember he was puffing as early as rnd 4-5, wlad weathered that and to me the fact aj does things like that shows a lack of confidence in he's actual boxing skills, cos then he went back to not doing alll that much & then came out like a bull again

really an truly imo the recent Takam fight was another sign that aj ain't the big killer man many would lead you believe , Takam is very durable & tough but he was a late replacement & aj should've blasted him out of there imo, in boxing its good to get the rounds in, but aj's thing is that hes a big ko merchant and if you want to try and claim you are the top heavy and fearsome you should be getting Takam outta there asap imo. Full credit to Takam though, quality performance , highlighted more flaws in aj and the stoppage was too early imo 

People need to realise AJ and Fury are too completely different types of fighters.AJ is a straight ahead type slugger who has to get in close,impose his will on the opponent relying on his physical power and strength to overcome his opponent,always looking for the stoppage.Fury on the other hand is a clever switch hitting boxer who relys on movement,reflexes,setting distance and switch hitting to get the win and if a stoppage comes it's there. AJ is the most exciting to watch no doubt but both of these boxers are total opposites of each other so why try and compare them ? As for Furys win over Wlad being " boring" like it or not he gave Wlad a boxing lesson. Wlad was able to get to Joshua and had him seriously blowing out his arse but he did rally to Bull rush Wlad and stop him, he was clueless trying to box his way in,imagine what Fury will do to Joshua with his range and movement ?Fury has more attributes as a fighter than AJ hands down however it's only us arguing amongst ourselves until they actually get in the ring and fight to see who does prevail  and comes out the winner. So Furys a Coke head and AJ a convicted drug dealer,did AJ not sample any of his wares ? Pot,Kettle black,bit of a moot point imo .Wlad might say that AJ is a better boxer than Fury, if that's the case then why did Wlads camp feel the need to  put thicker/excess padding on the ring floor to restrict/slow down Furys movement ? Joshua and Fury would be a massive fight so let's hope it happens and the best man on the night wins and wins clear so there is not any doubts over the decision.

ps For what it's worth Fury should spend some time up the Wincobank gym with Ingle were his mate Saunders now trains,they are the Worlds best switch hitting gym and will develop Fury even more. Plus if Fury has gone a bit stale new surroundings will also benefit him.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2