Another Old Lurcher Picture

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads this one needed a thread of its own so how do you think this travelling mans lurcher is bred ? Not sure how old this photograph is but I'll try to find out pretty sure it's very old though !

One thing that strikes me about that photo is, it's only one rabbit, but means the world. No ego's just good honest pot hunting, take what you need and leave the rest for when you need them again.  

Posted Images

by eck, looking back on the way things were sure is an eye opener!! bet no1 complained about hunting with dogs then eh!!?! are they in a better place than we are now?? micro chip this and can't do that??!!

fuk off man!!

guess man is the only being to blame for the view in whats right and whats not, the do gooders in this current culture are deluded in a fluffy world of heaven, in return our government cnt do shit right for the good of its own people, coz its too interested in trying to please every c**t else!!!!!

RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moving to Ireland me...

ATB

tom heavy

• Like 2

Tom, there has always been heavy penalties for "poaching" or "in pursuit of cony", back when most these pics were taken the states would shoot dogs on sight without any warning, most estate owners were men of substance,magistrates,judges,high sheriffs, mp's,etc so pretty much did what they like even shooting you so don't get to carried away with the romantics of it was better back then, I was shot twice in the 60's for being on estate land and my mate was left for dead by 2 coppers and a keeper,they broke his neck and left him in a ditch, even when coursing,etc was legal it wasn't for us lads poaching or without permission, nothing has really changed, you will always get some lads that do as they want regardless of the law, back then in those pics those dogs all earned their keep,they weren't pets, WM

• Like 2

Tom, there has always been heavy penalties for "poaching" or "in pursuit of cony", back when most these pics were taken the states would shoot dogs on sight without any warning, most estate owners were men of substance,magistrates,judges,high sheriffs, mp's,etc so pretty much did what they like even shooting you so don't get to carried away with the romantics of it was better back then, I was shot twice in the 60's for being on estate land and my mate was left for dead by 2 coppers and a keeper,they broke his neck and left him in a ditch, even when coursing,etc was legal it wasn't for us lads poaching or without permission, nothing has really changed, you will always get some lads that do as they want regardless of the law, back then in those pics those dogs all earned their keep,they weren't pets, WM

Being left for dead, and getting shot, sounds like the sort of things you hear about people doing to eachother in the streets, glad I'm away over the windy land out the way of all the misery

Being left for dead, and getting shot, sounds like the sort of things you hear about people doing to eachother in the streets, glad I'm away over the windy land out the way of all the misery

What is the windy land LPD? You mention it a bit and ive no idea where your talking about.

• Like 1

A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.

A Death Certificate shows that we died.

Pictures show that we live!

'The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the most of everything they have

Just read this and these words explain why I like a good picture of old times ?

• Like 3

What is the windy land LPD? You mention it a bit and ive no idea where your talking about.
For me it's usually anywhere between the scottish borders, and the durham dales mate
  • Like 1
A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.

A Death Certificate shows that we died.

Pictures show that we live!

'The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the most of everything they have

Just read this and these words explain why I like a good picture of old times [/quote good words speak volumes.atb bunnys.

• Like 1

well that comment was slightly far fetched...

1. i never mentioned anything about poaching or not paying penalties for poaching

2. never said the dogs were pets

3. getting shot and left for dead!??!

come on mate!! i was simply stating that i would of liked to be around in the past as life seemed much more simple

ATB