Bbc 2 Tonight.

Surely the mans attempts to revive a breed to be able to take part in any form of hunting is something to be admired and supported .so what if they weren't top class ,he is doing his bit to revive any last bit of hunting instinct left in a ruined breed ,best of luck to the fella I say .

• Like 7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surely the mans attempts to revive a breed to be able to take part in any form of hunting is something to be admired and supported .so what if they weren't top class ,he is doing his bit to revive any

Bollocks, just bought two!!!!

Probably not every ones cup of tea but BBC 2 NI 9 pm Harry Parsons and his Sealyham terriers. Better that Coronation Street or Big Brother I suppose.

Good explanation by gamekeeper on hunting fox. Told everybody why it needed doing and showed some of his methods yet balanced it by saying that he would hate to think he would of shot the last fox on the estate.

Good program for the bbc, kind of balances out with the one show.

On the subject of the sealyhams, £900 for a pup with no chance of breeding won't help it none with working dog men .

An £700 for a Sealyham /russel.

Not in it for the money ???

• Like 2

I watched it earlier, he'd have done better tailing those Sealyhams and battering the rats with em! They did look piss poor ratters and i'm sure folk are right that he sell's em for a pretty penny too, he didn't look like he was struggling BUT so fecking what... For a promotion tool it was fecking priceless. The best thing done for hunting in years and him and his dogs deserve a pat on the back and a well done in the ear. The film makers deserve a medal and the CA better hunt em down and use em again in this light.

I watched it earlier, he'd have done better tailing those Sealyhams and battering the rats with em! They did look piss poor ratters and i'm sure folk are right that he sell's em for a pretty penny too, he didn't look like he was struggling BUT so fecking what... For a promotion tool it was fecking priceless. The best thing done for hunting in years and him and his dogs deserve a pat on the back and a well done in the ear. The film makers deserve a medal and the CA better hunt em down and use em again in this light.

spot on mate, he done hunting justice and highlighted the point of urbanites staying out off rural affairs, and explaining that the country side we see today is that way because it's been managed for thousands of yrs, and it needs to stay managed

fireman

Today, 03:50 PM

He brought his sillyhams threshing a year or two back,wouldn't be given one and all inclueding the half x russells ones (which did kill a few rats) needed holding then slipping on the rats and we even had to put up a fence so they couldn't get away from the dogs.Total piles of over priced shite and altough a nice enough fella himself he believes the bullshit he speaks about these dogs and so do his hangers on,bet he'll get some orders for pups though as fools and their money eh ...

Sounds like Brian Plummer !!!!'

Plummer produced like it or not one of the best breeds of terriers for hunting out and catching rats in good numbers,this fella ............................. .

99.9% of dogs will kill rats......would your Plummer beat the rat dog Billy from the auld rat pit days.

Your right most dogs will kill a rat ,i was talking about hunting them out and catching them in good numbers which rules out a lot of that 99.9% eh .

As for "Billy" and the old rat pits i've never heard of the dog nor does the history of any animal baiting hold any interest in me,but would billy beat my plummer around the farm yard taking rats ? .....who cares mate

we even had to put up a fence so they couldn't get away from the dogs.

Double standards!!! Eh.

World of difference in catching a animal and placing it in a pit where it can't escape and putting up a barrier so wild free living rats are held up in their escape. ..

Dress it up any way you like!!! Still double standards.