Sheep Worrying

If you look at the larger photo, you can see that the sheep died in a gateway, which has a shute into it, the wire is snapped on one side, my guess is there were a few hundred sheep in there, they got pushed to the gate, some went down and they died. We have to be careful here in the pens, and sub divide them or the same happens.

Read this article and thought some in here might be interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-35759263

Seems dogs are getting the blame but it doesn't say why they have come to that conclusion

one for the conspiricy theorists but I call bullshit. 116 sheep died from shock or crushing due to dogs.

welshmen maybe

• Like 2

Read this article and thought some in here might be interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-35759263

Seems dogs are getting the blame but it doesn't say why they have come to that conclusion

one for the conspiricy theorists but I call bullshit. 116 sheep died from shock or crushing due to dogs.

welshmen maybe

Sheep do need to be worried about Welshmen . Velcro gloves and all that

It looks kinda wierd from the photo cos you can't really tell I've never seen sheep die like that my self all in order next a gate generally in a field if the dog was knocking over sheep left right and centre they certainly would not be piled up in a corner they would be every where with wool scatterd round the whole field I did hear years ago of a lad losing a lot of sheep too he's own dog when the farmer would go too sleep the dog would round them all up for 5 hours a night they just started too lose condition a couple died but not a whole lot like that and it was over 2 months till they clicked on from a personal opinion I'd say water contamination perhaps poison for so many too die so quickly

Edited by BIGLURKS

highly likely it was a herding type dog. They would have to have been herded into that corner and held there for quite a while and held very tight to crush and suffocate them. Ive seen plenty of sheep crushed to death in the same manner when penned up to tightly in yards or sheds. (but only a few at a time not 100) Deffineately not the work of any hunting type dog. Be a fucken good killer to do that many sheep in one go in that close proximity.

• Like 1

There is something else bugging me about this story sheep were cheacked on sun afternoon and were not cheacked till 24 hours later I know a few sheep farmers and I don't think there will be a single one of them not out 3 times a day and 3 times a night doing the cheacks with being this close too lambing and that will be mon too Sunday even more when they start it all sounds a bit iffy

There is something else bugging me about this story sheep were cheacked on sun afternoon and were not cheacked till 24 hours later I know a few sheep farmers and I don't think there will be a single one of them not out 3 times a day and 3 times a night doing the cheacks with being this close too lambing and that will be mon too Sunday even more when they start it all sounds a bit iffy

don't agree the sheep in the fields around my house get checked about once a week and they are about to lamb