Doberman V Mountain Lion.

Go to solution Solved by General lee,

Pit bulls have a drive to fight for no other reason than fight , Whereas a wild animal will only fight for 2 reasons . . Protection of there off-spring & males in breeding season . . That cat wasn't wanting to fight the Doberman it was wanting to eat it & rightly believed it could achieve that & would of only for the interference from the bloke .

lions kill for other reasons regular, ive watched docs were they kill cheetahs leopards and hyenas

Yes for reasons I.e. Protecting there food source ect , but they don't "Fight" them !!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be the only person seeing that then. Cat overpowered it easy, chain or no chain. And to think some argue about pitbulls could take even bigger cats.....nonsense..?

" could take " would be a silly presumption to make and im not about to get into a silly win/lose scenario.........but it would be common sense to assume that in a fight with a wild animal a purpose b

You must have watched a different video to me ... That cat had that dog by the throat in seconds and was choking it out ... When the cat let go the dog was staggering all over the place and didn't kno

I was always under the impression that the reason a dog like a pit bull wouldnt survive in the wild was because of its instinct for combat and refusal to back down......nature being what it is i would of thought that any big cat that got into a tussle with something that fought back with any kind of intensity would use its survival skills and get the f**k out of there rather than stand and slug it out.....if not why dont they take on elephants or rhino,s etc

Just the same as if you were a cannibal. Would you pick someone treble your size or would you pick a weak opponent??

Exactly......we,ve all seen these clips where a bigger stronger animal will back away from a wolverine or such like........its simply a case of " f**k it i dont need this i,ll go find an easier one " survival instinct makes wild animals what they are......to me its not a case of whether a pit bull would survive with these big cats its simply a case of a wild animals survival instincts kicking in.

Edited by gnasher16

I was always under the impression that the reason a dog like a pit bull wouldnt survive in the wild was because of its instinct for combat and refusal to back down......nature being what it is i would of thought that any big cat that got into a tussle with something that fought back with any kind of intensity would use its survival skills and get the f**k out of there rather than stand and slug it out.....if not why dont they take on elephants or rhino,s etc

Just the same as if you were a cannibal. Would you pick someone treble your size or would you pick a weak opponent??

Exactly......we,ve all seen these clips where a bigger stronger animal will back away from a wolverine or such like........its simply a case of " f**k it i dont need this i,ll go find an easier one " survival instinct makes wild animals what they are.
We have also heard the term "I wouldn't back it into a corner".

Most dogs don't want to fight, unless trained to do so. I suppose what I'm saying is if a cat that size needed to it could handle any dog on the planet. With ease.

• Like 1

Pit bulls have a drive to fight for no other reason than fight , Whereas a wild animal will only fight for 2 reasons . . Protection of there off-spring & males in breeding season . . That cat wasn't wanting to fight the Doberman it was wanting to eat it & rightly believed it could achieve that & would of only for the interference from the bloke .

lions kill for other reasons regular, ive watched docs were they kill cheetahs leopards and hyenas
Yes for reasons I.e. Protecting there food source ect , but they don't "Fight" them !!

no just killing them because they can, ive seen a swan kill a duck, youtubes full of similar hippos killing things, elephants killing things even a buffalo picking a fight with a rhino and getting royally twatted

Exactly......we,ve all seen these clips where a bigger stronger animal will back away from a wolverine or such like........its simply a case of " f**k it i dont need this i,ll go find an easier one " survival instinct makes wild animals what they are.

Most dogs don't want to fight, unless trained to do so. I suppose what I'm saying is if a cat that size needed to it could handle any dog on the planet. With ease.

I get the point your making and you are probably right.....the point im making is that it wouldnt " need " to......survival instinct would make it go elsewhere to look for an easier meal..........fighters fight,hunters hunt and all that.

I get the point your making and you are probably right.....the point im making is that it wouldnt " need " to......survival instinct would make it go elsewhere to look for an easier meal..........fighters fight,hunters hunt and all that.[/quo

Yep...that's true. I'd imagine most cats know there limits. I'd be surprised if hungry they would think any dog, whatever size or shape wouldnt be off the menu.

I get the point your making and you are probably right.....the point im making is that it wouldnt " need " to......survival instinct would make it go elsewhere to look for an easier meal..........fighters fight,hunters hunt and all that.[/quo

Yep...that's true. I'd imagine most cats know there limits. I'd be surprised if hungry they would think any dog, whatever size or shape wouldnt be off the menu.

true looking at the vid, the puma was in hunting mode to kill the dog, not fight it , suppose any big strong dog breed(boerbol etc) , or say well bred pit standing ready to fight it the cat, the cat prob look else where for a easier meal :yes:

you can tell you own labradors mate lol

Is this where you tell me your bulldog could take a puma. That thing would be lucky to take next doors old moggy...?

• Like 1

Is this where you tell me your bulldog could take a puma. That thing would be lucky to take next doors old moggy...

cant have him anything other then a gentle giant with the baby on the way.... :whistling::D

Is this where you tell me your bulldog could take a puma. That thing would be lucky to take next doors old moggy...

cant have him anything other then a gentle giant with the baby on the way.... :whistling::D

Super spunk

Bulldogs have fairly recently been used to kill bears and bulls,if you look back to the days of the coliseum they (maybe not the same breed,but still dogs either way) were matched against and killed sorts of exotic animals.

It might not be 50/50,but I reckon the right kind of dog has a good chance of doing more than enough to make sure the mountain lion dies from the injuries,or partly from those injuries in the future.

Which is enough to make the cat not want to play for very long.

Obviously not a labrador,a fox or possibly a large rat would have your average lab running scared.

I mean a real dog :laugh:

Edited by neems
  • Like 1

Bulldogs have fairly recently been used to kill bears and bulls,if you look back to the days of the coliseum they (maybe not the same breed,but still dogs either way) were matched against and killed sorts of exotic animals.

It might not be 50/50,but I reckon the right kind of dog has a good chance of doing more than enough to make sure the mountain lion dies from the injuries,or partly from those injuries in the future.

Obviously not a labrador,a fox or possibly a large rat would have your average lab running scared.

I mean a real dog :laugh:

Lucky I don't keep average ones...?