At What Cost ?

lets here it then,iv heard this working dog lark has cost a few lads marriages money friends jobs and even your freedom etc over the years what have you been through lol ?

just going on what lurcherman wants to know about managing your time with working full time and getting out with the dogs,i made a drastic move.

i was always one for chasing the money regularly done 6/7 days a week,early starts, late nights what ever but last year it all changed,so there i was 72 meters up on the severn bridge and i had that what the feck am i doing here moment,id been operating cherry pickers for near on 25 years and i had enough,got back to the yard the following morning and jacked there and then.

got myself a nice little mon/fri touch not to early a start and nice early afternoon finish,only down side im about £15k a year down on the wages lol.

wife was bang on money aint everything and i know every weekend no matter is mine to do as i wish,more time for the dogs now than i ever had,and apparently im a better person for it,so she says lol,be interesting to here what some you lads have given up over the years

• Like 10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasted a lifetime, on hunting with dogs and ferrets,..freelancing and walking where the fancy took me,...and accordingly,..the Magistrates Court made sure that I paid the price...   I have no prope

I have sacrificed everything for the dogs. Never had a holiday even. Single again!   Costs me tens of thousands when the missus pissed off, but that's how it is. It's only money.   Women come and

If you hunt illegally on a regular basis,..(which I used to do),...you increase the odds of capture and subsequent prosecution....It's simply down to the law of averages,..part and parcel of the game.

Posted Images

Smoking got told I had C.O.P.D of the lungs and would be fecked in a couple years if I carried on so the thought of no walking about tbe hills made me stop lol

fair play i like a little relaxer myself most nights,nothing to heavy obviously lol

Smoking got told I had C.O.P.D of the lungs and would be fecked in a couple years if I carried on so the thought of no walking about tbe hills made me stop lol

fair play i like a little relaxer myself most nights,nothing to heavy obviously lol
35 years I smoked it heavy mate now I just have the odd cake lol
  • Like 1

Can't say I gave up working hard to hunt. I don't mind working hard for a goal but I like to see an end in sight. As for the smoking, I gave that up years ago to keep fit for the kickboxing and freediving but as above, I still love the green cookies <_< yum yum!! Never gave that up and I reckon I'd still walk most folk into the ground in spite of my age. :thumbs: