Birds "please Add Yours"

On 13/10/2023 at 17:04, Bangersanmash said:

Beautiful bird his feet and legs don't look top cracking. Normally chaffys are shy birds too. That might of been a captive bred bird that's got out looks very tame 

Think it got use to people feeding it on the picnic tables at Grizedale forest 

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great photos already.   These are some of my favorites I have taken                 Grey Wagtail   Kestrel

Had a bit of luck today. SD.

Short eared owl       Great spotted woodpecker     Nuthatch    

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we decided on gold crest , in my mum's garden in her new little place, my missus put a one way film on windows so they do come very close up...

IMG-20240315-WA0001.jpg

• Like 5
On 31/03/2024 at 16:15, Borr said:

I think we decided on gold crest , in my mum's garden in her new little place, my missus put a one way film on windows so they do come very close up...

IMG-20240315-WA0001.jpg

Looks like a common fire crest with the orange. There up Scotland not down here where I am. I've gold crest in the ferns in the back garden. See the cock & hen daily up and down taking the bugs. More so after we've had a shower of rain or first thing on a morning. But with the orange it looks like a fire crest the one at the back is defo a gold crest. lovely image 👌 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Looks like a common fire crest with the orange. There up Scotland not down here where I am. I've gold crest in the ferns in the back garden. See the cock & hen daily up and down taking the bugs. More so after we've had a shower of rain or first thing on a morning. But with the orange it looks like a fire crest the one at the back is defo a gold crest. lovely image 👌 

Cheers , we're in Devon , but everything I read mentions firecrest has a bold white patch above eye,and a snazzy black stripe through the eye,  which these do not, so I'm still going with gold crest

• Like 1