Be Honest

Only thing with the hybreds are sometimes you get a freak if you will out a litter maybe 2 butmost times when you breed them hybrids back into a line is they can produce just shite

I must be fortunate then as my Beddys are line bred and ive yet to produce an arse wipe.

More power to your elbow Morton, dogs bred for purpose and working out, result. Any chance of any pics of the hybrids?? Got me intrigued now! Atb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of lads seldom have dogs that make the grade because of their own inadequacies rather than the terriers. Ive seen some that dont look after or bond with a pup properly and expect it to go the f

I think it depends on what some would class as making the grade,everyone has different standards and keep different types of workers as in the way terriers work there game.If you breed a terrier that

The title of the post is honesty ,right up my street so here goes .I'm reading this thread and thinking smuggly to myself that alls rosy after reading the doom and gloom of failed litters and failed m

Why did you supposedly outcross Fox dropper?, and what what was your breeding choice and why?. I know fck all about your dogs but you say you been at it a good while, And what is the occurance of culls you get? Is it something similar or a pattern?

Only thing with the hybreds are sometimes you get a freak if you will out a litter maybe 2 butmost times when you breed them hybrids back into a line is they can produce just shite

I must be fortunate then as my Beddys are line bred and ive yet to produce an arse wipe.

More power to your elbow Morton, dogs bred for purpose and working out, result. Any chance of any pics of the hybrids?? Got me intrigued now! Atb

I don,t have a clue how to put up pics,if i did i still would not.

• 1 year later...

To answer the original question I think everyone has their own standards. Friends I go out with keep dogs I would nt kennel and I listen to the excuses week in week out. But they re happy with what they keep and they breed from them . I don t think there s a lot of access to quality dogs now which is nt a bad thing it keeps the donuts away. I get obsessed about studying the dogs working style and how the relatives to that dog work and try to find a balance. Probably wasting my time as I ve bred plenty second rate dogs and will no doubt produce more. No one has the formula to 100% success rate. I heard someone say recently this dog has never failed its dog in one dig. Bollocks

• Like 1

To answer the original question I think everyone has their own standards. Friends I go out with keep dogs I would nt kennel and I listen to the excuses week in week out. But they re happy with what they keep and they breed from them . I don t think there s a lot of access to quality dogs now which is nt a bad thing it keeps the donuts away. I get obsessed about studying the dogs working style and how the relatives to that dog work and try to find a balance. Probably wasting my time as I ve bred plenty second rate dogs and will no doubt produce more. No one has the formula to 100% success rate. I heard someone say recently this dog has never failed its dog in one dig. Bollocks

Great post that mate and I totally agree. I enjoy discussing dogs and their breeding and working styles and what different opinions other lads have. It makes you think and also passes the Summer over a bit quicker lol. A lot don't give such things much thought unfortunately.
  • Like 1

More than one hole is usually a human fault ,we've all done it .

Weve all done it by diging too early and dog is not with its quarry properly but ive seen it happen with dogs siting of there quarry,i like to hear a bit of rumbling before breakthrough as then you know the dog is with its quarry.

• Like 1