Working Land Without Permission

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive d

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but u

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your l

Would you not be in the shit if your akita attacked someone?not under control etc?personally if it went for me or one of my dogs I would open the cnut up in front of you.come ranting and raving with a rifle and I make you bankrupt,I always respect the land and try and stay to permission but sometimes in the dark get lost.atb dc

Ive never locked the door or had a lurcher or terrier stolen whilst my wife as owned Akitas,id love to see a nugget face one with an ego,blade or dishonest intent,the wifes are seldom controllable,at all the right times,thats why we own them,beware the nuggets and dog nappers.

• Like 1

Would you not be in the shit if your akita attacked someone?not under control etc?personally if it went for me or one of my dogs I would open the cnut up in front of you.come ranting and raving with a rifle and I make you bankrupt,I always respect the land and try and stay to permission but sometimes in the dark get lost.atb dc

Ive never locked the door or had a lurcher or terrier stolen whilst my wife as owned Akitas,id love to see a nugget face one with an ego,blade or dishonest intent,the wifes are seldom controllable,at all the right times,thats why we own them,beware the nuggets and dog nappers.

I too would like to see someone "open the cnut up" when faced with an angry Akita. Haha. But hey, there are some bad men out there. They are an impressive beast when worked up that's for sure.

• Like 1

yes. we probably would but you seeking retribution for getting caught out knowingly trespassing is like trying to get compensation for cutting yourself on the window you just broke trying to break into someones house.

the fact we know she has the potential to react in a less than positive manner because of her past experiences is the very reason its handy if we know someone is going to be knocking about. again, just in case you are slow of thought - this is why asking first might actually be a sensible thing to do, you run the risk of learning something you didn't know before and its an easy way to keep yourself happy and safe.

flip the coin the other way, i know nobody is shooting / hunting on our land but me tonight because nobody has dropped me a text to say they are coming down. if i take the 22lr out with me whats to say you don't become an accidental backstop to a ricochet? the round is prone to it but i know nobody is on my land tonight so the bank behind the hedge gives me a safe shot. if someone is walking along it and gets caught its gonna be messy for all concerned and not what anyone wants. this is not meant as a 'get off my land or i'll shoot you' style threat it is a genuine one in a million tragic accident waiting to happen hypothetical outcome.

the whole point of this thread was to highlight that being on some land without the owners knowledge can land you in a ropey situation. had the guys been 70 yards further down the field when we went through the gate they would have had a wmr and a 223 pointed straight at them as we started to scan what we assume to be an empty field. now, if it were me looking down a pair of barrels sitting downrange i'd not be feeling overly safe - likewise the last thing i want to do is point a rifle straight at someones head. add to this the potential for crop damage and the implications that would have for a landowner and anyone who asks permission from them in the future!

its a different scenario but i used to shoot on some land that borders us on one side of one particular field. the chap who owns it found the best part of a tin of pellets fired into a brand new 12ft wooden gate and the new stump. he knew it wouldn't have been me or the guy i was shooting with at that time but because he allowed 3 or 4 different people / groups on to shoot he simply turned around and said nobody was to come on anymore. 200+ acres of decent shooting land gone through doing nothing wrong and treating his land with the same (or arguably more!) level of respect i treat my own with.

If you're using nv won't you see them or will you're eyes deceive you????? Oh that person or person's with a dog looks slot like a rabbit.

really?

no... really?

the whole OTHER SIDE OF THE HEDGE AFTER A RICOCHET statement followed up by mention of it specifically not being a 'i'm gonna shoot you' but a genuine terrible accident as nobody should have been there thing.

maybe this is the problem, people seeing aggression where there is none. is this mistrust and paranoia a by product of constantly looking over your shoulder? who knows.

the guys had 3 lovely looking dogs with them that have probably taken more than a fair share of stuff and regardless of the dog or why it was there in the first place, i would be mortified if there was an accident and anyone or anything got injured.

Guns are lethal but with nv surely you'll have a rough idea what you're aim at? With a decent sight with nv. You'll see them before they see you.

A 15 year in barrow year or two ago got killed out lamping with guns. If I'm right he was with elders with rifles. Two family's ruined. Just shooting in the wrong area or the kid was in the wrong place

• Like 1

there it goes again... i'm not talking about an "accident"... i'm talking about an honest, genuine accident because we don't know someone is walking / hiding / waiting / having a pee / drinking a brew behind the hedge out of sight of any passers by / land owners.

the chaps we spoke to were humble enough, shook our hands and were on their way which is fair enough and all you can ask for.

they've been told politely they aren't to be on there again and next time (if there is a next time, which i hope not) the situation will more than likely play out differently as they now know they aren't welcome on there.

jamie - this is exactly what i'm trying to get at. with a clear line of sight we can id bunnies and charlies out to 400+ yards. what we can't do with NV however is see through thick hawthorn hedges (wouldn't be a problem if i had a spare £3-4k for a thermal spotter but can't really justify that at this moment in time!). but when we know nobody else is on the land that night and we know we have a safe backstop behind that hedge 200 yards downrange - this is where these terrible, life changing accidents happen and that is far more concerning than anything else. another daft, long shot but still potentially serious issue is what happens to the eye sight of the guy we unknowingly point a high output ir laser illuminator at. if shone into the eye they have the potential to cause lasting, serious damage to eyesight. I am probably coming across as melodramatic about it but when i was being taught how to shoot everything began and ended with safety (as it rightly should).

what i haven't thrown into the discussion yet is the fact that 3 landowners (one i shoot for and two i didn't but will be doing from now on!) have been in touch today asking if i've switched back to lamps / did i know who was out on friday night and it becomes clear that fieldcraft and sneakiness probably aren't the strongest characteristics of this bunches poaching game anyway!

Jax13 - Can you tell me how many incidents, in say the last 10 years, that there have been where what you describe has happened?

There's more chance of being struck by lightning than struck by a stray bullet (genuine accident) when out lamping and I think there's even less chance of being blinded by a stray laser. Lol.

But nice try ?

All this ranting of jax about a few lads after rabbits lol.

Can you imagine someone stole a garden gnome off him it would be world war 3 pmsl.

If the lads and there dogs seemed tidy enough then why didn't you offer them the fields you mention were a dog could be run.