Working Land Without Permission

He knows why people poach but rather people ask him. He's said three times I think, had they of asked there wouldn't be no issues. Lol

It's quite obvious he knows why they poach they are after rabbits.

I said has he ever poached

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive d

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but u

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your l

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but unless i made a promise man to man, not to back track on a mans permission then il trespass on any mans land or permission, to me its just a free world, if i made a promise not to back track though il stick to that no matter what

and oh yea if anyones akita or any other dog attacks my dog, in a way that makes me fear for my safety or my dogs safety then "you" will be carrying "your dog" home dead

• Like 12

He knows why people poach but rather people ask him. He's said three times I think, had they of asked there wouldn't be no issues. Lol

Exactly.

As a rule we don't let people on lapping with the lurcher because of the risk of damaging the roses BUT we currently have 3 fields that are free of trees (and bunnies now, as it happens!) and would be happy to help someone out with a couple of runs.

To answer the questions on poaching, not once. In the past I've had land that I've shot bare and gone 6 months without a bunny on, but I've never wandered onto adjacent land if I didn't have perm. Don't get me wrong, I've scanned adjacent land to see if there is anything there but I've never taken a shot because I've not wanted to risk my fac ticket and the land I've got.

If someone was on ours with a gun and no permission then I wouldn't be risks g a face to face, it would probably be a phone call and let an aru deal with them. It might seem harsh to some but how would you react to catching someone in your back garden with gun in hand?

Exactly.

As a rule we don't let people on lapping with the lurcher because of the risk of damaging the roses BUT we currently have 3 fields that are free of trees (and bunnies now, as it happens!) and would be happy to help someone out with a couple of runs.

To answer the questions on poaching, not once. In the past I've had land that I've shot bare and gone 6 months without a bunny on, but I've never wandered onto adjacent land if I didn't have perm. Don't get me wrong, I've scanned adjacent land to see if there is anything there but I've never taken a shot because I've not wanted to risk my fac ticket and the land I've got.

If someone was on ours with a gun and no permission then I wouldn't be risks g a face to face, it would probably be a phone call and let an aru deal with them. It might seem harsh to some but how would you react to catching someone in your back garden with gun in hand?

you should give Chris packman a ring and get him down.you can both stroke rabbits while laying in the rose fields.

While chatting about the naughty poachers.

• Like 3

Exactly.

you should give Chris packman a ring and get him down.you can both stroke rabbits while laying in the rose fields.

. He will be to busy for the next week relying to all his pms asking for perm

Exactly.

My fields are my back garden. They are our property, private property. fenced and hedged with our own gated access points. It is no different to a garden apart from scale. The farm next door borders our own land too so I can mooch to my hearts content by walking out of the back door and being on shootable land straight away. I am very lucky in this respect.

As for stroking the bunnies... What the hell do you think I was doing with an nv rifle on my back in the middle of my perm on a cold, damp Friday night? Admittedly, one or two got stroked with the wmr and a fox came 2nd in an argument with my mates 223... What do you think I'm doing when I'm chucking the nets down before letting the ferrets go to work? After that they are all much, much easier to stroke.

oh yea if anyones akita or any other dog attacks my dog, in a way that makes me fear for my safety or my dogs safety then "you" will be carrying "your dog" home dead

Please correct me if I have misunderstood what your saying, So your mindset is you have no respect for other people's private property but you respect your own word?

If that's true, do you carry the same feeling of I'll go where I please to your own property? Would you feel the same if you walked outside one day and found a family sat on your patio using your bbq because they have the philosophy that it's a free world and they will go where they please and do as they please?

As for the dog. You are knowingly trespassing, you have no idea who or what may be on that land yet you would seek retribution for any personal loss?

I am not aiming this at anyone in particular as there seems to be a group feeling on this but the arrogance displayed in a couple of hours on this thread is bordering lunacy.

As for the akita - she was fine with other dogs and was extremely sociable up until the point a "well behaved" dog (a little unidentifiable mongrel terrior thing) being walked off the lead decided to have a crack at her through the gate and split her nose. Since then she has become very territorial of her boundary and all bets are off when it comes to how she would react when faced unexpectedly with what she would see as an intruder.

I'm not saying I'm going to release the dog to kill yours because I'm billy big bollocks and I'm hard as nails, what I'm saying is if you are on land without the owners knowledge you dont have any right to complain if things don't work out in your favour. When we let them out at night they go through into the fields after bunnies so are already a wee bit excited.