Leaving The Eu

The EU's probably going to go bust anyway (Greece , Spain ) so get out before it does then hopefully other member states will get out as well so it would be doing them a favour...

The EU already does everything in their power to punish the UK they out voted us 72 times, in fact more than any other state, so much for having say in it !

In regard to trade no one try's to upset their customers so trade will continue almost unabated...

Good post, but I'm of the opinion that the EU can definitely make life harder for us if they wanted to and no one can guarantee that trade will go on unabated. I'm equally of the opinion I'd rather be a poor free man than a rich enslaved one. In a post Brexit scenario the EU is the bigger fish, they can tolerate loosing trade with the UK more than we can with them by nature of their size.

There's no guarantees in this. I'm inclined to agree with you on how it'll play out but I do wonder if I'm underestimating the EU's resolve......

I dont agree with much of that to be honest, the eu doesnt trade as one entity just many entitys trading under a single agreement. When the french foe example sell us champagne it diesnt make profit for italy, spain germany etc so stopping trading with us in this example would only hurt french champagne sellers and french taxmen. Also ive stated this previous, I work in the medical sector. Medical products are one of the largest import/export commodoties I have sat in meetings about europe wide trade and have been clearly shown the uk is more valuable in regards to purchasing of medical products than then rest of the entire eu put together, I imagine its the same for many other industries also. Go to france the majority of cars are renault citroen etc, italy fiat etc germany vw, bmw etc uk......well its not rovers and moris minors is it. The rest of europe doesnt want us to leave as their companies need us, big business, tory/some labour dont want us to leave as they want cheap labour and the opportunity for crooked trade deals and the rest of the left wing gobshites dont want us to leave as it puts there pipe dream of a one mixed race no border utopia one step further away Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 8

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We will never join the Euro" - it was never going to happen. Never, ever an issue !"No involvement in "ever-closer union" - we've never had any and have been exempt since Thatchers days ! "Opting ou

Careful what you wish for, I live in central Scotland and come in contact with a broad section of people, regardless of wee Kranky and snp's claims I don't know anyone who would now vote for independe

Posted Images

When folk say "suffer" for getting our country back.....do they mean in same way that a load of kids storming Gold, Sword, Juno etc type suffer ?

I wonder if they were wondering "how will this affect the economy?" As they saw all their mates floating in the sea and being cut to bits 3 yards into the beach?

Makes you think don't it ;)

They'd probably turn in their graves to think they died for this !

• Like 3

We sell in the EU and import from the EU. For those sales to take place there is a demand on both sides. If we leave the EU does that demand disappear? Does it feck! There is no reason on this earth why it should, plus without the mindless bureaucracy that the EU creates to try and justify it's position. They could even have the goods cheaper as the firms are not tied to that money sapping, quango that is the EU.

TC

• Like 2

When folk say "suffer" for getting our country back.....do they mean in same way that a load of kids storming Gold, Sword, Juno etc type suffer ?

I wonder if they were wondering "how will this affect the economy?" As they saw all their mates floating in the sea and being cut to bits 3 yards into the beach?

Makes you think don't it ;)

spot on, suffer how? By not having the latest 3 series beemer and fancy italian ice cream!

We sell in the EU and import from the EU. For those sales to take place there is a demand on both sides. If we leave the EU does that demand disappear? Does it feck! There is no reason on this earth why it should, plus without the mindless bureaucracy that the EU creates to try and justify it's position. They could even have the goods cheaper as the firms are not tied to that money sapping, quango that is the EU.

TC

we barely sell f**k all to the eu without looking at figures I know the french dont buy our cheese or our alcohol, no one bought our cars so now we have no car industry, all the shipyards went bust, you name it they dont buy it. Ill guess the only major export we have is arms and frankly theres no shortage of takers outside the eu for that. Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1

TC

we barely sell f**k all to the eu without looking at figures I know the french dont buy our cheese or our alcohol, no one bought our cars so now we have no car industry, all the shipyards went bust, you name it they dont buy it. Ill guess the only major export we have is arms and frankly theres no shortage of takers outside the eu for that.

http://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/after-brexit-how-important-would-uk-trade-be-eu#.Vt3zT0Cbong

TC

• Like 1

The EU's probably going to go bust anyway (Greece , Spain ) so get out before it does then hopefully other member states will get out as well so it would be doing them a favour...

The EU already does everything in their power to punish the UK they out voted us 72 times, in fact more than any other state, so much for having say in it !

In regard to trade no one try's to upset their customers so trade will continue almost unabated...

Good post, but I'm of the opinion that the EU can definitely make life harder for us if they wanted to and no one can guarantee that trade will go on unabated. I'm equally of the opinion I'd rather be a poor free man than a rich enslaved one. In a post Brexit scenario the EU is the bigger fish, they can tolerate loosing trade with the UK more than we can with them by nature of their size.

There's no guarantees in this. I'm inclined to agree with you on how it'll play out but I do wonder if I'm underestimating the EU's resolve......

I dont agree with much of that to be honest, the eu doesnt trade as one entity just many entitys trading under a single agreement. When the french foe example sell us champagne it diesnt make profit for italy, spain germany etc so stopping trading with us in this example would only hurt french champagne sellers and french taxmen. Also ive stated this previous, I work in the medical sector. Medical products are one of the largest import/export commodoties I have sat in meetings about europe wide trade and have been clearly shown the uk is more valuable in regards to purchasing of medical products than then rest of the entire eu put together, I imagine its the same for many other industries also. Go to france the majority of cars are renault citroen etc, italy fiat etc germany vw, bmw etc uk......well its not rovers and moris minors is it. The rest of europe doesnt want us to leave as their companies need us, big business, tory/some labour dont want us to leave as they want cheap labour and the opportunity for crooked trade deals and the rest of the left wing gobshites dont want us to leave as it puts there pipe dream of a one mixed race no border utopia one step further away
That was obviously my first thought, the EU isn't one united state so how could they punish us?

Firstly, every Eu member would be losing a single members worth of trade, the UK on the other hand would be loosing 27(?) Countries worth of trade! Hence the effects are strongly diluted for the EU.

Secondly and here I'm postulating quite a bit. Is it out of the question to suppose in the political replanning that would go on after Brexit the major players in the EU would simply negotiate deals amongst themselves to mitigate losses to individual members under the common goal of making the UK fail. It could be sold officially as temporary easing measures to help deal with the transition period.

After the Greece business I wouldn't put anything past them and they have every reason to see the UK suffer.

Hopefully my suspicions are totally unfounded.

Edited by Born Hunter

The EU will eventually have to put aside it's sham of democracy or founder......it can't go on in it's current guise, that is obvious to even a very uneducated bloke like me.

How long will that take?.....who knows?.......it could be 10 years or a hundred.

You will see a rise in nationalism, you will see the far right re-invigorated and getting into positions of power.....then you will see innocent people dieing.

That, my friends is a fact......history tells us it is and so it will be again.

That is the legacy some will vote to stay a part of IMHO

• Like 7

TC

Of course the demand doesn't dissappear but the goods cost increase through protectionist taxation making those goods less competitive in the market.

I think it's entirely probable we'll renegotiate some sort of second rate deal and we'll all still be drinking champagne while driving German cars in Italian suits! LOL.

I just like to understand the situation as fully as possible. And you don't learn shit by nodding in agreement with everyone. :good:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I think one of the more encouraging things seems to be that almost everyone from both sides of the debate seem to have completely disregarded Cameron's bullshit "new deal".......every f****r knows it's lies, even Cameron knows it..........

• Like 1

I dont agree with much of that to be honest, the eu doesnt trade as one entity just many entitys trading under a single agreement. When the french foe example sell us champagne it diesnt make profit for italy, spain germany etc so stopping trading with us in this example would only hurt french champagne sellers and french taxmen. Also ive stated this previous, I work in the medical sector. Medical products are one of the largest import/export commodoties I have sat in meetings about europe wide trade and have been clearly shown the uk is more valuable in regards to purchasing of medical products than then rest of the entire eu put together, I imagine its the same for many other industries also. Go to france the majority of cars are renault citroen etc, italy fiat etc germany vw, bmw etc uk......well its not rovers and moris minors is it. The rest of europe doesnt want us to leave as their companies need us, big business, tory/some labour dont want us to leave as they want cheap labour and the opportunity for crooked trade deals and the rest of the left wing gobshites dont want us to leave as it puts there pipe dream of a one mixed race no border utopia one step further away
That was obviously my first thought, the EU isn't one united state so how could they punish us?

Firstly, every Eu member would be losing a single members worth of trade, the UK on the other hand would be loosing 27(?) Countries worth of trade! Hence the effects are strongly diluted for the EU.

Secondly and here I'm postulating quite a bit. Is it out of the question to suppose in the political replanning that would go on after Brexit the major players in the EU would simply negotiate deals amongst themselves to mitigate losses to individual members under the common goal of making the UK fail. It could be sold officially as temporary easing measures to help deal with the transition period.

After the Greece business I wouldn't put anything past them and they have every reason to see the UK suffer.

Hopefully my suspicions are totally unfounded.

maybe but I doubt it, it would be one giant plan to try and enforce, but then so what if they did suppose all your fears come true and we hit rock bottom, atleast finally we,ll have nothing else to lose and we can use all those arms were no longer exporting, put our country in order, when thats done take the eu,s stance as a declaration of war, ally with russia land In france and......well you know the rest weve been here before Edited by JDHUNTING

TC

we barely sell f**k all to the eu without looking at figures I know the french dont buy our cheese or our alcohol, no one bought our cars so now we have no car industry, all the shipyards went bust, you name it they dont buy it. Ill guess the only major export we have is arms and frankly theres no shortage of takers outside the eu for that.
mate Europe buys shit loads of are fish everything from scallops too prawns cockles crab lobster and whisky pate there are a shit load of things Europe buy from Britain
  • Like 1

TC

mate Europe buys shit loads of are fish everything from scallops too prawns cockles crab lobster and whisky pate there are a shit load of things Europe buy from Britain

great the one thing id like to keep here!

TC

Of course the demand doesn't dissappear but the goods cost increase through protectionist taxation making those goods less competitive in the market.

I think it's entirely probable we'll renegotiate some sort of second rate deal and we'll all still be drinking champagne while driving German cars in Italian suits! LOL.

I just like to understand the situation as fully as possible. And you don't learn shit by nodding in agreement with everyone. :good:

The "protectionist taxation" works both way though, does it not? It seems we take 16% of the EU's exports above the USA who take 15%. Do you really think that they are going to risk us sourcing elsewhere just for a fit of pique?

TC

• Like 1