Tom's Deerhound/greyhound Pup

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that were asking to see the progress of my son TOM's pup,well he's 10 months old now and despite his size and tender age seems to be coming along just fine,typical D/H cross though very laid

You can see the pup make the classic mistake of over running the rabbit having to turn back completely on himself, the look of surprise said it all for me,WM    

A few more pics of the day,plenty of back up if needed, my mates 2 lurchers are quick on the rabbits but first they've gotta get past my terriers LOL's,nothing much gets away,WM  

A few more pics of the day,plenty of back up if needed, my mates 2 lurchers are quick on the rabbits but first they've gotta get past my terriers LOL's,nothing much gets away,WM

only fit for the ferrets or hawk now

my mate "Mark" met him off here about 7 yrs ago and gets out most days ,good handy rabbit dogs

some of the team that day

safe easy mark

some more marked in a woodpile,half hour moving logs but worth it

• Like 6

That dog` a beauty.Is it off Dave Platts stuff?Great coat on it.

Not to my knowledge mate, he came off a line bred bitch from Widnes called "TWIG",she was a very capable bitch but mainly bigger stuff,she was put to another similar sized,bred dog,WM

I'm sure he will come good with time,to be fair it seems to be doing more than some saplings of that age.he may not come good till he's nearly 2?

If I remember rightly your boy lost 2 hancocks in short space of time didn't he?

Thats correct mate,they're both buried in my garden, a real shame but not robust enough for the job it seemed, I think buying a pup off 2 hard working lurchers that have put a few years on the clock without major injury is the only way to go, I have been without a lurcher myself now since just before Xmas and I'm sick of seeing things run away with my terriers strung out behind them whilst mooching about but I'm hoping to address that problem this weekend with a trip up to Newcastle to purchase a pup off 2 decent dogs that are aged 6 and 7 respectively, they sound just the ticket for me ,so fingers crossed I'm back with a full team again, WM

"Mollie" was never a lucky sort of bitch always just missing everything,she was the bitch on the right

[attachment=276651:2015-05-24 15.12.5 where as this was actually "FIN's" first rabbit,caught himself when it ran between the holes ferreting,just lucky ? who knows ??

• Like 5

Whats the breeding from the lads up here wm that you are getting if you dont mind me asking.

Its off a lad named Luke mate,he knows pud off here, match dog bred one side and all rounder bitch,very similar to my last bitch, e-mailed me some pics over,peas in a pod to look at, he has 2 bitches and a dog left for me to choose from, I'll put a pic up in a moment, WM

• Like 1

Cracking photos, enjoyed them, all the best with the young ones and the new edition, what sort of lurcher are you looking at getting?

Just an all rounder but must be quick enough for daytime rabbits on golf courses,only ever kept fast dogs, WM

• Like 1