The Great Benefits Handout £26,000.

Excellent program on last night,a social experiment,three long term unemployed families were given £26k in a briefcase,told to sign off income support and see how they faired.One guy is starting up a childrens entertainment business,one wants to open a second-hand shop,the third lady just wants a job but the lump-sum is to tide her over till she gets establish.It will be interesting to watch them,see how they cope as the series progresses,the guy who wants to open the second hand shop has a useless son who wants a kick in the nuts,20+ years old and he immediately raced out and spunked some cash on a Play Station and games,waster,but i truly hope his dad makes a go of it.

Fair enough 26 grand isnt a life changing amount,but it makes good TV.

• Like 3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent program on last night,a social experiment,three long term unemployed families were given £26k in a briefcase,told to sign off income support and see how they faired.One guy is starting up a

The guy came across as enthusiastic,but not used to having excess cash,instead of just handing him a bag of paper they should have booked him in for a few sessions with a small business advisor then l

What a greasy f****r he was,i think they will spunk it,already the fella spent bundles on animals and then hes moaning that hes just given up 500 a week in benefits.. Think possibly he could go to wor

They give 26 grand a year in benefits and wonder why folk don't work?

The benefits capped at 26k i think,to be honest the guy wanting to own his own shop wasnt living in palatial luxury,they showed a clip from next weeks program when they all find out that they now have to pay rent,council tax etc,i think it comes as a bit of a shock to them.

• Like 1

They give 26 grand a year in benefits and wonder why folk don't work?

The benefits capped at 26k i think,to be honest the guy wanting to own his own shop wasnt living in palatial luxury,they showed a clip from next weeks program when they all find out that they now have to pay rent,council tax etc,i think it comes as a bit of a shock to them.

They were on the telly this morning and they used to get £6000 a year in benifits,to be honest i can't see them succeeding as they ain't the brightest buttons in the tin but good luck to them and hope i'm wrong...

• Like 1

The guy came across as enthusiastic,but not used to having excess cash,instead of just handing him a bag of paper they should have booked him in for a few sessions with a small business advisor then let him loose with the dough,i hope he comes up trumps as life didnt seem to have dealt him any good cards.

• Like 3

The guy came across as enthusiastic,but not used to having excess cash,instead of just handing him a bag of paper they should have booked him in for a few sessions with a small business advisor then let him loose with the dough,i hope he comes up trumps as life didnt seem to have dealt him any good cards.

had the show started yet? is there a link for it online?

The blokes a qualified sparky yet gave up a job to look after his son, what's his Mrs doing ? I have special needs kids in my family and their father works. f***ing shit excuse

Come on mate she's gotta go the cafe after school for a jangle/scandal, then nails done, sunbeds, eyebrows, spray tan,2 hours on facebook,1 hour with ann summers toy, 1 hours afternoon nap, then she makes the tea.

• Like 1

What a greasy f****r he was,i think they will spunk it,already the fella spent bundles on animals and then hes moaning that hes just given up 500 a week in benefits.. Think possibly he could go to work and his wife could look after the young chap

Was something in my local paper but I won't spoil it for ya :thumbs:

What a greasy f****r he was,i think they will spunk it,already the fella spent bundles on animals and then hes moaning that hes just given up 500 a week in benefits.. Think possibly he could go to work and his wife could look after the young chap

500 a week in benefits ???? When their on benefits and getting that cash do they have to pay rent and bills with it?

Was something in my local paper but I won't spoil it for ya :thumbs:

PM me mate im not gona watch it anyway lol

I think it's a useless idea without giving them a business mentor.

I think the guy with the animals might make a go of it...he bought those bouncy castles and perhaps renting those out will keep a bit of cash coming in till he works it out.

The greasy f****r with the second hand shop will waste it all, he couldn't even look after his self or his home never mind a business.

500 a week in benefits ???? When their on benefits and getting that cash do they have to pay rent and bills with it?

No wouldnt of thought so mate