Swoop And Her Offspring

are you talking of 3/400 yrd slips on a hare on the run or is the hare just sitting up at 3/400 not aware of dog coming at her

your not going to spot one pressed down at 3/400 yds unless your scoping usually they will be on the move.not ears back as said most go when the dogs closed on them.

i said sitting up not pressed down ,

Most sight dogs run on movement not sitting up stationary

are you talking of 3/400 yrd slips on a hare on the run or is the hare just sitting up at 3/400 not aware of dog coming at her

your not going to spot one pressed down at 3/400 yds unless your scoping usually they will be on the move.not ears back as said most go when the dogs closed on them.

i get that bit db

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bitches bloodlines and the bitch I'm running today  

merlin and eve lines

Good to see plenty of Bedlington Terrier blood in these dogs,without it they would be shite,Saluki & Grey blood pfffft utter pish,Beddy lurchers through & through & you know it ?

Posted Images

i get that bit db

So why bring up sitting up stationary? do much coursing do you?

i get that bit db

So why bring up sitting up stationary? do much coursing do you?

i said sitting up, your little add ons were stationary and pressed down , hare either down or up if its up its moving about you should know that with your infinite wisdom , fensarefar got my drift you just like to over examine things for the sake of an argument so stop pissing around its a good thread

Think sometimes we forget we stand far higher than our dogs do n see it somewhat differently than there level n field of vision it comes right thru the leash like a bullet out a gun when they clock summat

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

Sitting up to a coursing lad usually infers stationary but in your argumentative nature its an add on now dont spoil this lads topic as you do on other sections. Green Lurcher with you vitrionics any thing to say do it on pms as youve been told numerous times.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Sitting up to a coursing lad usually infers stationary but in your argumentative nature its an add on now dont spoil this lads topic as you do on other sections. Green Lurcher with you vitrionics any thing to say do it on pms as youve been told numerous times.

its there in black n white for all to read so il say know more as its a very good thread on dogs that do their job,,,, but do me a favour stop sending me pm,s

Edited by green lurchers

gary c sally was a fast bitch could do her job quickly on the average hare i see the bitch run season after season [BANNED TEXT] that bitch run the realuns out the seat there wernt many that fell over very quickly the bitch could stick and drive a hare hard and always got results there was some video footage of her winning one of the cups have a look and youll see wat im talking about no dog has it easy on top class hares

Your right Max but some lads 10 yards slip and call it 50 yds it depends on the terrain and quality of the hares place like Swaffam area some places give 50 yds youll never see it again . Other places 75 yards your on for a good race ,if your interested in the course then to me the further the better to watch a good course the outcome doesnt matter unless its a match then as Rich says depends who your matching.

Edited by desertbred

be interesting to hear wat the other lads say max i was travelling up to the fen from about 84 mate and up untill 95 ish i had personly never seen one that impressed me they all seem to be sliped maybe get to the hare then realy put no amount of pressure on wereas the dogs of the past 15 years or so seem to have plenty of speed and drive wat i was getting at is this through importing new lines into the uk or was it that i just didnt come acrooss the ones that wer already hear that could do there job

Russ rowley had prince around that time also there was a Black and Tan pure called Trevor that could knock em over well Trevor was put to a collie greyhound lamping bitch and one of the pups owned by Ian Walsh was regularly doing 5 and 6,s his name was Rex. gaz may of told you about him

In the old clubs pre ban they ran proper fair law so a lot of dogs would of struggled too kill all the hares they ran one look at most coursing on dvd n you lucky too see twenty yard slip most are straight kick ups rest thirty yards at very best, people far worse at judging distance than time when it comes too dogs lol

Think they a lit like coursing Lurchers on a sort of micro scale, for every litter bred realistically there are only one maybe three alpha type pups ie exactly what you need for size strength good head sound temperament good feet bit of character, then they have too go too right home ie a men who wants a pure saluki, not a man who wants a pure too do a saluki Lurchers job, cos he the man who will wait the dog out and get into its head make it part of a team, I honestly think if the right men took them the breed would improve faster, fresh blood definitely plays its part in improving what we'd have weather it's mixing back too existing uk line or waiting for next big thing too arrive

Seen some outstanding runs from uk bred stuff likes of bill20 balouki dog ran like the devil possessed checking hare at every opportunity mouth like a piranha fish pure terrorised it's hares shame it died think it would of added something for certain, my coursing partners import bitch seen her run off half mile slip and kill six mins later after a war, Cambridge five mins on seed same bitch small fast doe, TB Sonny dog running altcar area as an older dog, pp paddy killing hares on postage stamp fields where I seen coursing digs run on dvd n miss, my own dogs had some great days in hares and also done very well as an allrounder day n night, lot of the other lads mentioned above do far more than simply run them on hares twice a week, they run them like Lurchers and from what I've seen it works for the dogs, don't get me wrong every dog n bitch mentioned has missed hares for sure my own included but that's reality and too be fair to them all they where ran from fair law skips when they ran together no kick ups

My Paddy now Arctic !! :victory: