Ferret Killing In

Hi all, I have a ferret hob who work's well to an extent!! He's fantastic and takes time to work a Warren, but he's a bad habbit of killing in the hole, he doesn't lye up comes straight out when he's done. What is the best option to stop or prevent this? I've heard muzzles arnt a good idea, is a collar and spade my best bet? Thanks Stephanie

Or have a word with Rake about some of them Micros.... :whistling:

Get yourself a good locator/collar and welcome to the world of hole digging..Its the best part of the day for most of us...sometimes there's an added bonus of a few more bunnies up a stop end etc etc.

Get yourself a good locator/collar and welcome to the world of hole digging..Its the best part of the day for most of us...sometimes there's an added bonus of a few more bunnies up a stop end etc etc.

post-11815-0-90200400-1454603251_thumb.jpg

post-11815-0-95688800-1454603369_thumb.jpg

post-11815-0-64450200-1454603442_thumb.jpg

007.jpg

almost there.jpg

ginger.jpg

That's a fair dig Vin :-)

vins only 3ft

• Like 2

007.jpg

almost there.jpg

ginger.jpg

vins only 3ft

Lol :-)

007.jpgalmost there.jpgginger.jpg

vins only 3ft

Nearly as wide as you then :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Every time one of my stinkers has killed ,It is noise ie; Talking ,stomping around the holes or Standing in front of holes , Or running them in then banging ferret straight down

Dont know if this applies to your situation or not

B

My hobs the exact same. when i use him i take a couple of pegs as markers and when i put him in the hole i leave the locator on but on low, so you can just hear it. Basically have to follow him and soon as he stops for more than a minute mark where hes stopped and remember what depth it is. He kills very quick and doesnt stick with them. Wait till he comes out and dig them up. try that or get a good smallish jill