Just curious of how the northern population is getting on and how far north have they made it so far?

Not aware of any near me (North Yorkshire) There are the odd pockets of them slightly further up in the North East. Unfortunately I dont think they are up here in any great numbers

• Like 1

Just curious of how the northern population is getting on and how far north have they made it so far?

Not aware of any near me (North Yorkshire) There are the odd pockets of them slightly further up in the North East. Unfortunately I dont think they are up here in any great numbers

I would not mined seeing a few more in northeast, I do think there's more than people realise.

I would not mined seeing a few more in northeast, I do think there's more than people realise.

The places where they do exist I think are pretty well known so are likely to get frequent visits... their numbers need to spread to take the heat off

North of the Humber they are only in isolated pockets and have not built up any numbers anywhere. I think it's safe to say that any Muntjac in the north didn't get there of their own accord.

I have heard a hell of a lot of bullshine with regards muntys and I would always tell lads not to believe anything about them unless they've seen it with their own eyes. As a young man I followed up many stories and sightings in my local area. Not one was a muntjac.

This small deer has spread much faster in the East than the West, obviously down to terrain. I was on the Fens the other week, on land that was barren and there were a set of munty tracks, but I didn't see them.

Their spread is a fascinating topic.... :victory:

• Like 5

I was stalking near Thetford. Actually after a fallow but on the look out. In the seat when low and behold, enter Mr Munti. Took him nice as nine pence and was about to descend when, yes, Mr Munti number 2. Good clean shot. I thought my day couldn't get any better, and thinking on, 2 shots, 2 kills, hell of a result. No. Nice big fallow decided to get in my way. End of.