First Of It's Kind...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the record, I'd be willing to help a feller out. If someone wants to try out America for a while and is trustworthy I have a big bonus room above my garage (about 12' x 34') that would be the cat

I belive one of my first posts on this board was to ask if anyone had ever seen a whippet crossed with a jagdterrier. Well, since then I have looked high and low for even one example and found nothin

Well, I have a nice list of who ain't coming here.   I'm in Crivitz, Wisconsin.   No muzzies allowed.   No swearing in front of the family.   No parties.   No drunkenness (or drugs of any ki

Posted Images

I guess I'd prefer no alcohol but I'm not going to fault a guy for having a beer once in a while. Truth is, if your serious about working dogs you really don't have much time for drinking. Getting up early to get them out isn't helped by a sore head. I don't know many really good dog men that drink more than a beer once in a while. The man I hunt with most is 67 and has never had a drink in his life. The man I used ot hunt with most has only had two beers and that's because he was in trouble after having been stranded out in the bush for a couple of days and the folks that he found to help him get out only had beer with them. My other favorite hunting partner hasn't drank more than a 6 pack in his life. I don't drink. My wife drinks a beer if she's having trouble falling asleep and with certain types of food.

It's just not a drinking kind of atmosphere around here. We work dogs whenever there's time to do it and the weather allows. There's bobcat hounds, coonhounds, 1 beagle, lurchers, stags and a coyote hound (july hound) and a handful of terriers. You don't have to bring your own dogs. I'll set you up with something above or a pup out of something above.

a true gent ?
  • Like 1

I guess I'd prefer no alcohol but I'm not going to fault a guy for having a beer once in a while. Truth is, if your serious about working dogs you really don't have much time for drinking. Getting up early to get them out isn't helped by a sore head. I don't know many really good dog men that drink more than a beer once in a while. The man I hunt with most is 67 and has never had a drink in his life. The man I used ot hunt with most has only had two beers and that's because he was in trouble after having been stranded out in the bush for a couple of days and the folks that he found to help him get out only had beer with them. My other favorite hunting partner hasn't drank more than a 6 pack in his life. I don't drink. My wife drinks a beer if she's having trouble falling asleep and with certain types of food.

It's just not a drinking kind of atmosphere around here. We work dogs whenever there's time to do it and the weather allows. There's bobcat hounds, coonhounds, 1 beagle, lurchers, stags and a coyote hound (july hound) and a handful of terriers. You don't have to bring your own dogs. I'll set you up with something above or a pup out of something above.

dan ya wanna try ireland north n south they love the booze maybe a bit too much, I don't drink myself but know lots who do, and ruined many a good man

a true gent

Best way to clear the head after a nights drinking :yes: , but I agree with running dogs definately keeps us off the ale :angel: . Great offer for someone that especially as are seasons about to finish.

This is the sort of stuff that THL is great for. I'd love to hear that someone takes you up on your excellent offer. What dreams are made of sort of stuff this.

I have a friend who's married an American lass, she has moved over here and I noticed them trying to do a similar kind of thing through Facebook where you can trade houses for a week, make it a cheep holiday. Mind you living in Scotland where it rains all the tine I'm pretty sure getting the holiday in America is the far better deal.

Good luck with the pup...??

• Like 1

good stuff being over several times hunting dan coursing all sorts , had some [BANNED TEXT] times hunting down texas border new mexico ,around the rio grande pecos , and gila alround las cruces lordsburg demin corralitas , gila national park ,, great offer not a drinker my self but play a mean game of nine ball and strait pool eight ball and cant beat hunting fishing with not many antis about or feck wit police and goverment servants ,

over here they charge you give you asbos for chaseing a jackrabbit a hare with a dog , and the police think there crime stoppers catching a ,guy chaseing a hare , crime of the century, a man chaseing a hare it makes the local papers fecking clowns , the quicker we have another march to re appeal the hunting laws the better

For the record, I'd be willing to help a feller out. If someone wants to try out America for a while and is trustworthy I have a big bonus room above my garage (about 12' x 34') that would be the cat's ass for a single guy and I have plenty of room for dogs. You can live a comfortable life up there and I'd help out navigating all of the unfamiliar things involved with getting started in a new country. Even if it was just for a couple of years...what an adventure and education in dogs! I would have to look into the visa process but I'm sure there's an easy way to do it. It's a big move and you would really have to be committed to it but how often does an opportunity like this come up? By the way, the Queen of England owns the US in case any of you didn't know that. I've made this offer before but no one has taken me up on it yet.

Haymin- Are you over here in the states?

Excellent offer,i wouldnt mind a month or so over there after bobcats if its next year or the year after,i am off to canada in a couple of days for a few weeks fishing,but bobcats and coons in the states sounds a blast.
  • 4 weeks later...