Breeding {Blood}

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you could say a dog was as good as its last season, but defiantly not its last dig. I've not seen a dog yet that hasn't missed.

Only as good as last dig I don't believe that good dogs just turn to pure shit of the back of 1 dig Thers to many variables involved for a statement like that for me

Dumped in the lane, breeding unknown First dig 40min second four an a half hrs.  

Cargol good reply mate. All dogs r worth breeding of , but only [bANNED TEXT] had th anuff experience,work and time to mature

I would disagree ...I had a terrier that anyone would of kept ....very good at his job maybe a bit rough at times but always found and stayed .....he worked hard till he was killed to ground..... I acquired him after he killed some lambs .....I tried him to ground and he done very well and like I say he was worked hard till the day he died but I never planned to breed of him although I let a mate cover his bitch with him as another mate was needing a pup .....the reason being he was from a mistake breeding his dam was nothing special and his sire was nothing special so imo even though he was a decent worker he was not worth breeding from ....very well put LEW I have never agreed withe the saying a dog is only as good as its last dig

Line bred should be all worker to worker done tru generations so definately line bred for me if possible. Worker to worker can still produce good pups but if there's alot of waste in the parents brother's and sisters chances of more bad than good pups are high.

• Like 2

The only problem I can see with line bred is your using related stock and therefore creating a smaller gene pool I know you can go for years and years and not see any problems through breeding close plus you can outcross when you see fit.

• Like 1

I would be happy with either line bred or worker to worker as long as it did what i wanted of it, I know someone going to state me but the saying work them hard treat them like heros, you only get out what you put in.

• Like 1