Sign in to follow this  
Flacko

Bushing Terriers

I'm bushing with a donkey sized Patterdale and has been good for us so far, been in the beating line a few times, works well with other dogs good nose on him, and despite his short coat he goes through cover well.

• Like 2

post-87001-0-48720900-1451865710_thumb.jpg

post-87001-0-04508200-1451865721_thumb.jpg

He is in here if you look close :laugh:

I use a Border, good nose, marks well, bashes through cover no problem and catches sometimes.

Atb

• Like 5

The bedlington bushed out well for my lurcher before her demise. Getting old now and is used mainly ferreting very good nose on the dog works cover well.

ferretingpics515_zps11b377d1.jpg

• Like 2

No problem with the cover there darbo. Sounds like serving you well.

Atb

Worth his weight in gold to me CM as a marking dog for ferreting pity they get old.

• Like 2

DSCF9876.JPG

DSCF9877.JPG

I use a Border, good nose, marks well, bashes through cover no problem and catches sometimes.

Atb

Chicken man's borders a good un. Great busher and follows lines really well. Biddable aswell for a terrier

• Like 1

DSCF9876.JPG

DSCF9877.JPG

Atb

Chicken man's borders a good un. Great busher and follows lines really well. Biddable aswell for a terrier
Thanks mate. Get a pic up of your prospect.

Atb

Atb

Worth his weight in gold to me CM as a marking dog for ferreting pity they get old.
It is a pity. The Border marks, but not as steady as the other dogs, he is very busy/keen.

Atb

Atb

It is a pity. The Border marks, but not as steady as the other dogs, he is very busy/keen.

Atb

i like borders Cm my mate had 3 over the years biddable little dogs with great coats. The bedlington i have has a very poor coat.

Atb

Atb

i like borders Cm my mate had 3 over the years biddable little dogs with great coats. The bedlington i have has a very poor coat.
Soft? Do most beddy have a soft coat? If so, I would imagine them holding water. I'm not sure though!

Atb

Atb

Soft? Do most beddy have a soft coat? If so, I would imagine them holding water. I'm not sure though!

Linty Cm i have not seen a bedlington with a good coat but im sure there are some around. Cold weather no problem but in cold wet weather ferreting the dogs coat is next to useless.

• Like 1

Atb

Atb

Linty Cm i have not seen a bedlington with a good coat but im sure there are some around. Cold weather no problem but in cold wet weather ferreting the dogs coat is next to useless.
I'm sure there will be beddy with good jackets!

Not many dry days though.

Atb

Use a Lakeland terrier he works well, always catching in the cover mainly pheasants and dues get plenty rabbits won't hunt far on a line tho as he will go so far then return but that is my doing as I sometimes work him near roads

• Like 1

I bush everyday of the week with my Plummers and they smash through any cover,very rarely draw a blank and sometimes catch more than the lurchers, can be a bit vocal when they are hot on a scent but if its in there then they will find it and either kill it or push it out, WM

• Like 3