Collie Greyhound Pics.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old pic but he still looks like that;)

my collie grey bitch .. She'll be 3 in the spring .. Lovely bitch to have around .. Hunts all day .. Atb sesku

My 1/2 cross (Beardie)......at 11 months now....

Posted Images

3/8ths collie

IMG_6166_zpsc14vprhn.jpg

1/4 collie

IMG_4466_zps86e340be.jpg

1/2 collie

IMG_3806.jpg

feck knows!

springsummer2008102_zps7a51ed8b.jpg

smart animals. Ive been looking into getting a 3/8 5/8- the pup in mind isnt ready till the end of Jan, trying to make my mind up still . Any saluki in the first one? cheers

Edited by hare_n_hounds

3/8ths collie

IMG_6166_zpsc14vprhn.jpg

1/4 collie

IMG_4466_zps86e340be.jpg

1/2 collie

IMG_3806.jpg

feck knows!

springsummer2008102_zps7a51ed8b.jpg

smart animals. Ive been looking into getting a 3/8 5/8- the pup in mind isnt ready till the end of Jan, trying to make my mind up still . Any saluki in her or straight collie grey cheers

the 3/8 is only 16month old, but a far smarter critter. If I only needed a dog to just run stuff, then the 1/4 is probably a better bet, but as far as a dog to find, catch and run hard, the younger dog is showing the signs of being amongst the best I have owned. She has a good splash of saluki on the dams side which has given a slightly feral attitude compared to some of the more responsive collie x's I have had/seen. But she has had free run of the farm since 12 weeks old, not trained to the back teeth like I have tried to do before. it has allowed a freer thinking dog, that to date has not been phased by anything she has come across.

• Like 3

Bryn 1x collie x grey 8 year old now, but still knocks few rabbits over .

o134_zpsddqyguvt.jpg

another when he was 3 year old,

msg-6933-1271070938_zpslpxdd2ps.jpg

He's a grand looking dog, I cannot believe you have never studded him! any particular reason Ray?

yeh most people would ask , I say yeh then never hear from them again so I think people in general are just talk :yes: as a rabbit dog and what he was bred for he was good , up to 6 years he was very good the last couple years he started to think to much like a lot of collies can do. never stalked a rabbit in 8 years but if he was tired from say 30 runs he would only run what he wanted if that makes sense .lol and ferreting he was brill great nose

• Like 1

Bryn 1x collie x grey 8 year old now, but still knocks few rabbits over .

o134_zpsddqyguvt.jpg

another when he was 3 year old,

msg-6933-1271070938_zpslpxdd2ps.jpg

He's a grand looking dog, I cannot believe you have never studded him! any particular reason Ray?

yeh most people would ask , I say yeh then never hear from them again so I think people in general are just talk :yes: as a rabbit dog and what he was bred for he was good , up to 6 years he was very good the last couple years he started to think to much like a lot of collies can do. never stalked a rabbit in 8 years but if he was tired from say 30 runs he would only run what he wanted if that makes sense .lol

Thats first crosses for you :thumbs: Do you just lamp him, or give him a mix of everything?

At least your honest Ray, I liked him for a first cross

thanks :thumbs: he was great for good 6 years, but just changed a bit. he was bred local by a lad on here farm collie sire and greyhound dam , he 25in 60lb nice size for day night stuff , rabbits was his game his best bag was 30 in a night :thumbs:

and ferreting he was brill great nose

• Like 1