white van man

Cocker X Patterdale

Was out ferreting yesterday and a friend of a friend brought along a cocker x patterdale. He looked a cracking little dog and was steady enough around the ferrets and other dogs.

Does anyone on here work them? Having seen this dog/cross it is definitely a cross I would like to look into more ready for when I want a busher. Any pics appreciated. ATB.

Edited by white van man
  • Like 1

I do she is a grand bitch, shes still only young. I got her out last season when she was only a few month old. Very soft mouthed, good marker, great with ferrets and other dogs and not too bad bushing. I would still class her as a pup. I dont have her date of birth but Id say shes about16 to 18 months. The only negative I have with her is she wouldnt slow down in the pen and she would run the weight of her. She would be out bushing for 4 of 5 hours ans still run around her pen for hours burning the weight of her.I was feeding her enough food for a 50lb dog at one stage, Tried all different diets to all barf, raw and dried etc,etc. The only thing I was left to do was put a door on her kennel.I would lock her in her kennel for a couple of hours aday and finally she has a bit of weight on her

Know where you coming from Raymond I've a cockerx Russell beagle she can't keep still works all day eats like a horse great little busher started taking her ferreting great market too but she won't hang round the nets, not yet anyway hope she might slow down a bit with more graft atb Flacko

• Like 1

they are good animals i like the first xs terrier x spaniel had cocker x patt and springer x patts both worked and gave me days/years of fun

my last first x was a springer x patt gave my 8 years of fun

i have bred to a cocker and a sprocker with this bitch so both are 3/4 spaniel x terrier

• Like 4

they make mooching easy ferreting handy x

this bitch came much like a first x she s half spaniel x lakeland beagle steadier than the 3/4s in the style

she works

• Like 3

Good looking bushing dogs you have willow.I use a border x jackrussell cracking little dog.

a lad that use to come out with us had a very good bitch that way bred good bitch he bred her to a spaniel twice never took both times

cocker x russell about 3year old, does plenty above ground and will do a little below of recent. Great little bitch, would not change her for nothing

post-74210-0-83101300-1451497102_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris87
  • Like 18