Fox Trap Advice

Hi lads got a loan of a fox trap from a mate for as long as I need it running a large line of snares around my shoots at the moment but having a problem with 2 really lamp shy foxes on one of my shoot which I can't snare as well as I would like to due to public etc... What sort of advice do you have for setting up a fox trap, bait etc. Never used one before always just used snares, rifle or terrier for the foxes. Many thanks for any advice given.

mate you,ll get fork all advice off the majority prob affraid getting stick for their opinons.or just lazy cnuts that only opinion they give is abuse and cheak cuase they cant be wrong then ..... must be known have so many posts topics etc.. for what its worth id leave trap out fix the smelliest pice rabbit or what ever hes bin killing insde without bein set cover trap up and that my taghts it helps if there has bin a charlie in trap before reason scent attracts or makes him more comfartable. tmo

Make sure the bottom of the cage is covered in earth or leaves. Foxes hate walking on the mesh. As for bait, try whatever they've been eating, but I've had most luck with pigeon. Don't worry if it rots after a few days, the foxes seem to like it just as much. I've had luck with smelly dog or cat food too.

Whatever bait you use, keep it as far away from the mesh of the cage as you can as mr reynard will eat it through the mesh from outside if it's too close.

Make sure the bottom of the cage is covered in earth or leaves. Foxes hate walking on the mesh. As for bait, try whatever they've been eating, but I've had most luck with pigeon. Don't worry if it rots after a few days, the foxes seem to like it just as much. I've had luck with smelly dog or cat food too.

Whatever bait you use, keep it as far away from the mesh of the cage as you can as mr reynard will eat it through the mesh from outside if it's too close.

The last time I used dog or catfood as bait I kept catching hedgehogs.

I just released them but it was a pain in the ass that they kept springing the trap.

One morning when I was letting the Hedgehog out I marked it with some white sticky lime.

It was in it the next morning. It was the same bloody Hedgehog all along.

mate you,ll get fork all advice off the majority prob affraid getting stick for their opinons.or just lazy cnuts that only opinion they give is abuse and cheak cuase they cant be wrong then ..... must be known have so many posts topics etc.. for what its worth id leave trap out fix the smelliest pice rabbit or what ever hes bin killing insde without bein set cover trap up and that my taghts it helps if there has bin a charlie in trap before reason scent attracts or makes him more comfartable. tmo

Some of us do not reply BECAUSE we do not trap them so can not answer, others are quite probably out and about doing better things than reply straight away, only my opinion

The last time I used dog or catfood as bait I kept catching hedgehogs.

I just released them but it was a pain in the ass that they kept springing the trap.

One morning when I was letting the Hedgehog out I marked it with some white sticky lime.

It was in it the next morning. It was the same bloody Hedgehog all along.

I haven't seen a hedgehog since I was a kid, so no problem for me. :thumbs: