R10 Mk2 Or Hw100?

Hi guys,

about to buy my first PCP and am thinking either a BSA R10 MK2 or Weihrauch hW100 carbine....

Im not too worried about the price difference, either way it isnt cheap and I'd rather just invest in the better gun. I shoot pests rather than targets- usually squirrels, rabbits, pigeons and rats.

So basically any opinions on which to go for would be great? also .177 or .22? i know its the age old debate and most people say personal preference but any thoughts on this would also be great! (I currently shoot a .22 spring and am a big fan of .22 but wouldn't mind changing if .177 is thought to be better for my chosen gun)

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh really?         Anti double load, side lever action....

Phil , one thing that gets "over looked" in air gun hunting, (unspoken about) is adrenalin ,the HW 100 in any format stops you loading twice, only loads the once, is nigh on silent and "faultless".

HW 100 in .177 or .22 without a doubt. Lloyd

Only you can answer your own question about the make and caliber of the rifle. Test both out if possible, your money and your choice.

Could not have say.d it better my self

but as long as its the hw100 22 cal sporter not them bloody awful kt,s

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi , I have had two r10 in the past 2 years ,but i just cant get on with them , the first was a a MK2 VC .177, very nice gun , very accurate of a bi pod but found it not a very pointable gun for some reason . the second one was a few months ago the new super carbine ,once again very accurate gun but found it a little bit heavy with my NV scope on

At the end of the day i still have my HW100KT .22 and HW100 custom stock .177 and BSA ultra se .177 which has a reg and tune by XTX AIR , cant see me getting rid of any of these three guns . IMO you will have to try both but try the R10 supercarbin it is a very nice gun ,with a high shot count and mine was not pellet fussy, but at the end of the day ,you will have a job to beat a HW100 in any cal and formate IMO :thumbs: