Putange, Yang,.kipperbang !

Nice one Phil :thumbs:

I discovered a new tip the other day; the setting lever can also be used for tunnel clearance. I'd got a three way run and I couldn't find my spoon, but I'd got the lever in my other hand and then I had a Eureka moment. It is just the right size and shape to clear out a couple of inches to fit the trap in. :D

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind a go with one of these but the seller is scared to supply me.

Ill keep filling the wires with the Talpex as it's like a turkey shoot at present. Feel free to message me Nicepix and I'd certainly give your traps a run out and leave an honest review regards how good they are compared to the others on the market.

I just use a closed putang to clear out the tunnel the same way I do when I use the no mole the prongs work spot on for this job ... Put 12 in the ground on Monday and so far I'm catching well with them ... I do find them easy to use but I have been using the no mole for ages and these are the BIG brother .........

• Like 1

Any pics of how far back and how sensitive to set triggers?. I plan on setting them and leaving them in garden like I read somewhere else, I setting them easily enough but wanna check with guys already catching with em lol

When they are new and shiny I put them like this:

2015-06-25%2014.34.42_zpsus1eowmw.jpg

Then as they age I don't have as much showing at the bottom. The trigger is about 25mm - 30mm from the prongs.

2015-06-25%2014.34.04_zpsrjcxyxku.jpg

• Like 1

Not in the case of the prior moleman.

One down in his armoury!!

Strange find whilst locating a run. Must have been there a while. image.jpeg

was that thing actually still set!

:yes:

Looks like the trigger has gone so far forward that it would have jammed in the prongs and prevented it from closing. That's why I put the twine so short then the trigger cannot go forward.

Probe about some more Moxy. There is likely to be another one around there. :laugh:

One thing I've noticed when I put a Putange in a three-way tunnel along with a Duffus it is invariably the Putange that kills the mole. You would think that it would be 1/3 of the time, but it is well over 2/3, in fact almost all the time the Putange scores. I've had double captures in a three-way tunnel with all Putanges, but I'm still waiting for 3 out of 3.