Opinions Please

I went digging a couple of weeks ago with a gentleman. Must stress I'm a busher and this is why I'm asking for other peoples opinions. The dog entered and we had a mark. Dug down no Charlie but the terrier was marked up from Charlie. But he was nowhere to be seen. I believe if the terrier had contact with Charlie when we dug down they should have been mouth to mouth. However the gentleman explained Charlie had pushed on. What do you think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a season might be to long for man that owns the dog but from forming an opinion on somebody else's dog one dig is not enough. Would you get rid of one of yours after one unsuccessful dig that you were

it sounds spot on to me mate the lad you went out with is just working towards the current laws and used a dog that stayed back and bayed as we all do these days

No wind up dyktos genuine question. Why not give a genuine answer instead of messing threads up. If a novice ask me a question about bushing I would help them to the best of my ability. I thought that

No the gentleman said we should leave it I was baffled being a busher if Charlie is giving my dogs the run around they will not leave till it is bolted. I understand Charlie can get into tight tubes but if the dog made contact should it of stayed with its quarry? Thanks for your reply

Will1234

Today, 11:45 PM

I'm very curious as to how a terrier can make contact than lose quarry also not been out with the man before. I use spaniel Russell's very good in cover

Gentlemen like you should READ A BOOK.

I went digging a couple of weeks ago with a gentleman. Must stress I'm a busher and this is why I'm asking for other peoples opinions. The dog entered and we had a mark. Dug down no Charlie but the terrier was marked up from Charlie. But he was nowhere to be seen. I believe if the terrier had contact with Charlie when we dug down they should have been mouth to mouth. However the gentleman explained Charlie had pushed on. What do you think?

I think your on a wind up

Cheers, D.

No wind up dyktos genuine question. Why not give a genuine answer instead of messing threads up. If a novice ask me a question about bushing I would help them to the best of my ability. I thought that was the whole purpose of this website. A lot of egos on here.

Happy hunting

• Like 3

No one here was there so without witnessing what happened couldnt truthfully offer an honest opinion of what happend. Gentleman good enough to take you out digging, and you come on a public forum looking for people to back up what you already think about the gentlemans dog. least thats how i interpret what you are saying.

• Like 2

No wind up dyktos genuine question. Why not give a genuine answer instead of messing threads up. If a novice ask me a question about bushing I would help them to the best of my ability. I thought that was the whole purpose of this website. A lot of egos on here.

Happy hunting

not egos or lads trying to mess up a thread just men wary as it comes over as a bit of an anti question, also as others have said its hard to give a definite answer without being there .
  • Like 1

Who knows ? Might be a genuine question. Seen it several times. Terrier working away, break through, terrier there but nothing else.

When it's my terrier of course it's bolted and my terrier might be stuck. If it's someone else's terrier , Wanker :tongue2: .

If the terrier is trying to push into a tight spot then the fox has gone into a tight spot.

If the terrier comes out and it's my terrier then it's obvious, he's killed it. If someones else's terrier comes out, Wanker :tongue2: .

But what I don't understand about the original post is who is it that said when you crown in that they should be "mouth to mouth" ?

Where in the rule book is that one.

• Like 3