Fac Air Rifle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you just put in for fac air or have you got to put in for your fac then add a fac air rifle   As iv been thinking of getting an fac air rifle   im not botherd about rim fires and such just air

Sorry guys, I should explain. I got some info from another forum which I have passed on to Mac and David, the only reason for not posting on open forum was that the writer who did it for another forum

Yes it is, you clearly do not know what you are talking about sir, a caution counts as a conviction, and must be put down on application or renewal, as must even an absolute discharge, but hey what do

Of course cautions stay on your PNC record because to get a caution you've been in custody and had your DNA and fingerprints taken. It's known as recordable offences but they are only valid for two years and then it's archived and you would be eligible for another caution if the custody sergeant deems it appropriate. If you've been in trouble as a kid that can be put down to being a youth but if you've got a history of dishonesty/violence then it can be used as evidence of u trustworthiness. Likewise they ask for driving convictions if you've constantly got 9 points on your licence etc then it shows you can't be trusted with a driving licence let alone a firearms certificate.

So what do you do Del? Old bill. Solicitor. Law expert. Or just a wrong un with a list of previous longer than your arm?

Sorry guys, I should explain. I got some info from another forum which I have passed on to Mac and David, the only reason for not posting on open forum was that the writer who did it for another forum may take offence with his work being posted on here along with copyright being used without permission. That is the only reason and I have witnessed a similar situation on a completely different hobby forum which turned nasty.

No secrets I promise. I will pm anyone who is thinking of doing what Mac and I are pondering about.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 2

a caution most certainly isn't a conviction it's an admission of guilt. A conviction can only been made by a court by magistrates or found guilty by jury and sentenced at crown court. Put everything down on the form they will weed out what they want on the form and run a check on you.

Yes it is, you clearly do not know what you are talking about sir, a caution counts as a conviction, and must be put down on application or renewal, as must even an absolute discharge, but hey what do I know, I have only had shotguns and section one firearms for a combined 32 years :hmm:

• Like 2

Of course cautions stay on your PNC record because to get a caution you've been in custody and had your DNA and fingerprints taken. It's known as recordable offences but they are only valid for two years and then it's archived and you would be eligible for another caution if the custody sergeant deems it appropriate. If you've been in trouble as a kid that can be put down to being a youth but if you've got a history of dishonesty/violence then it can be used as evidence of u trustworthiness. Likewise they ask for driving convictions if you've constantly got 9 points on your licence etc then it shows you can't be trusted with a driving licence let alone a firearms certificate.

So what do you do Del? Old bill. Solicitor. Law expert. Or just a wrong un with a list of previous longer than your arm?

Reads a lot. :thumbs:

a caution most certainly isn't a conviction it's an admission of guilt. A conviction can only been made by a court by magistrates or found guilty by jury and sentenced at crown court. Put everything down on the form they will weed out what they want on the form and run a check on you.

Yes it is, you clearly do not know what you are talking about sir, a caution counts as a conviction, and must be put down on application or renewal, as must even an absolute discharge, but hey what do I know, I have only had shotguns and section one firearms for a combined 32 years :hmm:

You can only be convicted by magistrates or a jury it's based on common law of the land and a safe guard in english law. I've dished out plenty of cautions when I was a custody Sergeant and being a qualified legal exec I think I know a bit about law and practice, charging standards, counting rules. One of the biggest things that will deny you an FAC isn't anything conviction wise it's usually called domestic non recordables for example your having domestic arguments with family members and usually neighbour disputes as under threat harm risk it could escalate into something far more serious.

Like I said a couple of pages back put everything down on the form and the FEO will soon weed out what is important/relevant to your application.