Cost Of Getting Started

Mr_j_g

If you are able to build a cage ,you would be ok making a carry box, then if you check on the netting section you will find a net making pinned section.then to start all you need are the ferrets & shovel ,a locater can come later

A carry box some cheap nylon nets, collar and a couple of bells off ebay to get going. A carry box make one or buy one bout 15 quid, 10 nylon nets a tenner and less than a fiver for a collar and bells not essential but handy on your own. Then over time you can get some tidy purse nets and a locator if you want

All it should cost you after you have the hutch is a carrying box and a few nets the rest you add when you get the cash , the cost of feeding them you can give them the trimmings off any rabbits , but during the summer if you check dry grub I'm sure you cost break down the price to a day's feed

If you're trying to start out on the cheap you don't even need to shell out for a carry box. A bucket with a lid will work fine. The sort you can buy koi food or wild bird food in is fine. Just drill a few air holes in it and you're good to go. Some lads don't even bother with that but just use a pillowcase. And if you've got a running dog and your main aim is sport rather than catching everything you bolt then you don't need any nets either. Like every other sport or hobby there's all sorts of stuff you COULD buy if you want to throw money at it, but that doesn't mean to say you necessarily need it.

Im just gettin back into it this year. Already had hutch (though I am building a new one), got 3 jills and a hob from different bloodlines, decent carry box £25 and nets, I bought the cheap bisley onea off ebay and somw decent ones off a lad on here....I wouldnt recommend the bisley ones. As the one said above, read through old posts on here, theres loads of info and bits you will pick up. I dont have a locator yet but only used em when with a friend who does, if mine werent showing down went his hob with locator on to shift em. I am a bit dubios about starting to go without a locator, I dont wana lose my stinkers! I would say if you dont have a locator make aure you have plenty of time and a mink trap aswell incase they dont surface but Im sure some of the experienced guys will have some tips on that.

Food wise, when mine are on dry they do roughly a 2.5k bag of J.wellbeloved a month between 4 of em @£12 a bag.

I personally wouldnt worry to much about perms, I would be having a mooch though to try and find where there are rabbits. Theres plenty of footpaths and woods and canal towpaths etc where you could have a go or am I not allowed to say that? just find somewhere out the way not in the middle of some big angy farmers land.