Which Lamp Is Best

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can never understand why anyone would want anything other than a pencil beam when it comes to lamping? Why flood the whole field scaring away whatever else may be in there plus lighting up large porti

I was out with someone with the PLR-500 last night .I had a 170 with 14amp lithium so could compare them side by side theres hardly any difference apart from the 170 has a more yellow beam

Clu lite PLR- 500.....honestly it is superb and you won't believe how light it is or how long it lasts! I used it last night and Im didn't get home til almost 1am....still plenty of charge in it!

Posted Images

I will tell you what are the worst lamps,them Clulite lamps with a handle on like a skinny deformed carrot,a switch from a 1970 Electrolux Hoover and a Red Filter attached via a hinge, anyone who uses them I honestly laugh at them i cannot take them seriously as a hunter,the lamp is as bright as a seedy gas lamp from the 1900's and with the red filter on they remind me of a Hillman Minx's brakelight haha..absolute joke of a lamp only designed for comedian hunters

That made me chuckle, how the fook did I miss it lollol and to add I got the clulite after seeing darcys, and iv only used the blitz and lithium once since I got it, are iv iv used the clulite well over 15 times and not run it out on a night tho.
You wont run it out if you're only using it to stagger full of moonshine upstairs trying to find your pit
  • Like 1

Clu lite PLR- 500.....honestly it is superb and you won't believe how light it is or how long it lasts! I used it last night and Im didn't get home til almost 1am....still plenty of charge in it!

1am? Things are just warming up then, what's the best lamp that will last as long as possible? I'm usually out in the motor so don't often go out on foot.

anything connected to. 22 amp lithium will last till sun comes up dog fox, the clulite jd talking about has built in battery in handle and last 2 to 3 hours continuous which is good considering size nd weight of lamp

Like I said we usually out in the motor but I do like to go for a local mooch now and again, last lamp I had was a DIY job, motorbike battery and lamp. 2-3 hours is a little short, once I'm out I like to stay out ha.

Edited by DogFox123

I'm sure they do same lamp but with lightweight battery pack, dont know anything other than I think its 50 instead of 45 quid, could be wrong tho, 2/3 hours is a good time unless ye scared of dark or running stuff for miles lol iv been out from 12 till half 3 and had 37 bunnies in one night as a best result with clulite so far, and it wasn't dead on way home

It's not exactly a haven for rabbits and rats around my end tbh so time is usually needed ha.

I'm sure they do same lamp but with lightweight battery pack, dont know anything other than I think its 50 instead of 45 quid, could be wrong tho, 2/3 hours is a good time unless ye scared of dark or running stuff for miles lol iv been out from 12 till half 3 and had 37 bunnies in one night as a best result with clulite so far, and it wasn't dead on way home

Can you use the lamps with the lithium batteries whilst on charge in the motor or does that damage them?

I bought the Clu lite PLR- 500 after seeing it recommended on here and its cracking great range and bright. Also very very light

Does that come with built in battery?

yes it is built in. My mate whos very good with electric and soldering said it would be a doddle to fit a switch and a cable coming out so you could run off an external battery as well. But I don't think it would ever be necessary as 2 to 3 hours continuous is plenty for me any way