Bang! Bang!

We as airgun shooters , will go for head shots only to make sure we have a clean kill , God knows how many times i have seen game birds ,pigeons and even rabbits being shot by the bang ,bang boys and the birds and rabbits still alive . I just hate bang bang guns

Shotguns are great and I use them for 90% of my hunting. They are a very handy and humane tool Which probably triples my game bag in comparison to airguns. I find nearly every shot is very quick and humane if used responsibly.

If we said that on a airgun forum they would be hell to play with

We as airgun shooters , will go for head shots only to make sure we have a clean kill , God knows how many times i have seen game birds ,pigeons and even rabbits being shot by the bang ,bang boys and the birds and rabbits still alive . I just hate bang bang guns

Shotguns are great and I use them for 90% of my hunting. They are a very handy and humane tool Which probably triples my game bag in comparison to airguns. I find nearly every shot is very quick and humane if used responsibly.

If we said that on a airgun forum they would be hell to play with

Well it's the truth. A very occasional wounded shot happens using air and shotguns. It would be unfair to point the finger mainly at shotguns. As said use both responsibly and it will be kept to a minimum.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the

Airguns are awesome! and very good for hunting, as are shotguns. It's just a shame to hear shotguns been compared to them as less humane and less sporting - this is wrong and I dare say VERY naive. Bo

No matter what gun you use, some birds will end up pricked, some will get over it, and if I get a walk over after the shoot with the lurcher, some wont. I hear it all the time, big guns this, air g

vm.its better to give it a 2nd barrel rather than letting it flap around every where. or they missed with first shot ? . its common sence to try and get a clean kill no matter what tools are used.just like airguns need to be ready incase if needed a follow up shot ?

Edited by toby63
  • Like 2

An air gun pellet, a single projectile, aimed and fired to hit one specific spot "period" to give instant despatch, same as Charlie`s .243 albeit far differing ranges but same result,- "If you hit the head, it`s dead" and "if you miss, you miss"

Shot gun,- general direction with a cloud of pellets, generally speaking if you hit with most of your pattern "dead" ! - "if you miss with most of your pattern, you wound" and if you "miss completely" you should not be shooting :no:

In my book, a single projectyle, is very humane in comparison and "Far more sporting"

• Like 3

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the sport starts to blame each other lol.

• Like 7

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the sport starts to blame each other lol.

Agreed mate

• Like 1

May be it's a case of each to there own , so to speak

As we know air gunner are well restricted by range and , I suppose that applies shot guns , and Charlie's 243 .

I agree with VM , air gun shoters have to be a lot more accurate let's say than a 12 bore , and at range the 243 has to be shot with great accuracy as well

If I can put a 177!pellet tho a rabbis head at 45 yards , and I can with confidence, that's fine , if a lad with a12 bore can drop a flight bird at what range I don't know ( because I'm ignorant in the use of these guns ) that's fine as well , and a man with a 243 has to have the same attitude and attributes as the rest of us if not more

But it's all down to the quarry were hunting ? what do I need to make a clean kill , first question , what am I hunting ,

And is the weapon of choice the correct one !

It's common sense or should be

Just have the skills to shoot the weapon of choice and there would be no problems

Yes we have all had miss happs , but we learn from them and move on

Atb

• Like 2

When my 100 goes pffft at vermin they dont get up either :laugh:

Saying that i get the same results with my shotguns, but i like the competitions/ cups a lot,- not that i`ve been for a while on the clays :icon_redface:

just rough shooting of late but regular.

They don't with my 100 either lol but I couldent use it to shoot ferreted rabbits or decoyed pigeons. It's a different tool all together and it would be daft to compare them - they both have their place and also their drawbacks. Personally I improve my bag 10 fold with my shotguns daytime so they get used instead - but then again I wouldent dream of lamping bunnys with it.

I wouldent say airguns where more sporting as you will probably know it's still easy to miss with a shotgun and a bolting rabbit or a pigeon in the wind takes skill to hit. Horses for courses with upmost respect we had best stick together and enjoy our sport in whatever form.

• Like 2