Picking A Pup From A Litter....

Roybo: the sire is owned by a friend who's had his line 30+ years so I've seen other dogs from it and they all do well and have a nice temperament too, well dodger I've always said from day one I liked a certain pup she's not as forward as the other but she can certainly hold her own against the others in the litter, 1D87705E-E3A3-4D0E-938A-017DDFA13069_zps

This one :thumbs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I've bred myself I just keep what no one else wants,of my current dogs,lad gave me Boots as it hadn't been sold,Don dog my mate just chose it out of the litter and shipped him over from Ireland,the

Roybo: the sire is owned by a friend who's had his line 30+ years so I've seen other dogs from it and they all do well and have a nice temperament too, well dodger I've always said from day one I like

True that. I've always put far too much thought into picking pups.   My first running dog was a saluki/whippet/greyhound bred from 2 local (preban) hare dogs. I wanted to pick a bold, confident pup

Roybo: the sire is owned by a friend who's had his line 30+ years so I've seen other dogs from it and they all do well and have a nice temperament too, well dodger I've always said from day one I liked a certain pup she's not as forward as the other but she can certainly hold her own against the others in the litter, 1D87705E-E3A3-4D0E-938A-017DDFA13069_zps

This one :thumbs:
Think it's got to be! Final answer... (For today) anyway!
  • Like 3

Use Your gut instinct K, it wont let You down, and Good luck. :thumbs:

as long as it makes between 18" and 30" I will be happy.. :-)

There's deerhound in both parents isn't there kps? Tod the sire?
yep he is, and there is mate, it was few generations back on sire's side and dam's dad was deerhound grey X collie grey,
  • Like 1

Use Your gut instinct K, it wont let You down, and Good luck. :thumbs:

as long as it makes between 18" and 30" I will be happy.. :-)

I doubt very much it would make, even close to 30 tts

If Your doubting Yourself K , step back and think, who You liked in the first place, i think You will find its * the * one You have in Your mind now.. and failing that ask Pa C :D

• Like 1

If I've bred myself I just keep what no one else wants,of my current dogs,lad gave me Boots as it hadn't been sold,Don dog my mate just chose it out of the litter and shipped him over from Ireland,the pup I have Mario again I never chose any particular pup but had the choice of him or a cream dog,I said any will do me and I came home with him..if they are bred right then ANY from the litter could make half handy,there are NO guarantees with pups..some folk are far to focused on colours and what not,I don't give a fcuk what colour they are and big ain't always best either,the best dog I've ever owned I never picked myself either and the bitch that caught my biggest haul was another pup no one wanted from my mates litter..good luck with what you keep,it may or may not turn out as you expect..this game is a lottery ?

• Like 13

My advise would be to go with your first gut instinct and the one that's picked you and if you've changed your mind on others since then go back to that first gut instinct, I'm happy with the pup I kept from my litter she's doing ok but i havnt bonded with her as much as I'd of liked and in my heart I know I let the one that was meant for me go due to me humming and harring to much and confusing myself and Iv regretted thought about and missed him ever since, best of luck..

I remember you struggling to pick dodge

And struggling to bond,

In an even litter, then the one that catches your eye the most (and you know the one!) Most people overthink these things...

I think I done the same bosun lol

When I had my litter ,

Kps....as said if there's one you don't want anyone else to have,keep it lol

• Like 2