Far Far To Warm

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beleave me, im glad to see the season end, at times,,,,, im starting to think at times its a young mans game,,,im 50 very soon,, i no thats not old but being on the road from 5 at night 3hour plus l

ADD A RUN OUT LAST NITE WITH MARS AND LOFTI/ARRONS 1ST SEASONS DOGS,,,,WARM WAS NOT THE WORD,,,THE TEMP WAS 10,,,BUT THE HUMIDITY WAS A KILLER,,,,NOT A BIT OF WIND,,,DOGS PANTING AFTER A HANDFULL OF B

iff i lived were there was a lot of bunnys,, i wud be happy with 12 bunnys and home,,,,the mileage we do,,, would be crazy for that amount,,,,, its got you over a barrel ,,,so to speak,,

Well done jim, your dedication to the game shines through on every post, onwards and upwards for the pups a good night for them, by the sounds of it they had to work for their catches, well done folks

beleave me, im glad to see the season end, at times,,,,, im starting to think at times its a young mans game,,,im 50 very soon,, :cray: i no thats not old but being on the road from 5 at night 3hour plus lampin till 3/4 pm living on red bull and milky ways and then having 3 hours drive back with your head out the window of the car to keep you awake can not be good for you,,,,lol :blink::blink:

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 6

Well done jim, your dedication to the game shines through on every post, onwards and upwards for the pups a good night for them, by the sounds of it they had to work for their catches, well done folks

beleave me, im glad to see the season end, at times,,,,, im starting to think at times its a young mans game,,,im 50 very soon,, :cray: i no thats not old but being on the road from 5 at night 3hour plus lampin till 3/4 pm living on red bull and milky ways and then having 3 hours drive back with your head out the window of the car to keep you awake can not be good for you,,,,lol :blink::blink:

Agreed there TJones! When you're in your twenties you can be out doing all-nighters three or four times a week and it never seems to phase you. I remember getting home at 9am from an all night session in Norfolk. Grabbing a couple of hours sleep and then back out in the afternoon. That would kill me nowadays! I got back from lamping at just before 4am sunday morning and that wiped me out for the full day. No stamina! :D:cray:

I've always said it, it's the travelling that wears a man down.The problem is when there's little tackle around where you live, then you have no other option.

More six hour round trips, of motorway jams with nothing at the end of them, then there's the 50 zones for miles after mile, then there's the price of fuel and stinging eyes, then there's the eyelids made of lead. And finally there's the bloody speed bumps keeping a man awake when he's trying to get 40 winks at the wheel.... :D

• Like 4

DARCY no laughing lol burning eyes,,,the last trips ive done,,,the blower on the car his on stop it steaming up,,,,,,wait for it lol i got some of these safty goggles and stuck them on,,,me eyes dont dry up and perfect when i get home,,,,,,,,I dont look like ive bin drinking blood all nite,,lol

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 4

DARCY no laughing lol burning eyes,,,the last trips ive done,,,the blower on the car his on stop it steaming up,,,,,,wait for it lol i got some of these safty goggles and stuck them on,,,me eyes dont dry up and perfect when i get home,,,,,,,,I dont look like ive bin drinking blood all nite,,lol

PHOTO!!!!!!

• Like 2

Good to hear theres still guys doing what we did 3-4 times every week..the travelling thing. I was so tired one morning that I was dreaming I was getting pulled from the wreckage of car, then the next thing I was ploughing all the keep left signs down in the main street of Berwick, that certainly woke us up..caved the front of the mini clubman estate in, burst two tyres..The only way to do it is a power nap, Ive tried everything, cold water directed in your face, loud music..fighting off the sleep dosnt work..for me.

50 years old Jim..I wish. Im 60, Ive been out lamping three times in the last 7 days, not the long distance travelling numbers game mind, and Im travelling nearly 200 miles round trip tonight ratting and at work tomorrow..and, I dont have dogs now.

I love threads about numbers, people proving what their dogs can do..and not one quality over quanity reply yet..

• Like 4

Good to hear theres still guys doing what we did 3-4 times every week..the travelling thing. I was so tired one morning that I was dreaming I was getting pulled from the wreckage of car, then the next thing I was ploughing all the keep left signs down in the main street of Berwick, that certainly woke us up..caved the front of the mini clubman estate in, burst two tyres..The only way to do it is a power nap, Ive tried everything, cold water directed in your face, loud music..fighting off the sleep dosnt work..for me.

50 years old Jim..I wish. Im 60, Ive been out lamping three times in the last 7 days, not the long distance travelling numbers game mind, and Im travelling nearly 200 miles round trip tonight ratting and at work tomorrow..and, I dont have dogs now.

I love threads about numbers, people proving what their dogs can do..and not one quality over quanity reply yet..

Saved this post and if I ever feel like whinging I'll read it to remind me to harden up, good on ya

• Like 1

GOOD ON YER OWD LAD...LOL HAS YOU WILL NO ITS NO LONGER A HOBBY,,,MORE LIKE FIX WHEN YOU HAVE DRUG PROBLEM,,,,THATS THE DIFFRENTS BETWEEN SOME ONE WHO DOSE IT FOR THE LOVE OF IT,,,, AND NOT FOE THE MONEY SIDE OF IT DOING PEST CONTROL,,,,,,,,,YOU KEEP AT IT MATE,,,,

Toatally right matie, Ive done it in one form or another since I was at junior school, if its in your blood, its in your blood..I eat drink and sleep the countryside and anything to do with it

Battery charging now, then off to bonny Jockland ratting

Keep them going.

Bill