England Tonight

England are a small club team, you only have to look at the flags round the ground to see that.

I dont watch them and it seriously wouldn't bother me if I never watched them play ever again.

Even at World Cups I won't go out my way to watch them, I'd rather watch teams that can play football that nice to watch.

i dont follow football never have never will, there all over rated and over paid, the wages most of them earn are ridiculous, no ones worth that amount of money in my book.

Agree should be capped at X amount of ££ and then X amount donated to a worthwhile charity...

• Like 1

i dont follow football never have never will, there all over rated and over paid, the wages most of them earn are ridiculous, no ones worth that amount of money in my book.

They wouldn't be paid the huge sums they get if they didn't bring in that much and more to the club, it's basic business you only get paid what you're worth (usually a lot less).

I lost interest in football years ago.....

I think I prefer the days when players could really get stuck in - the kind of matches where the likes of Billy Bremner and Ron Harris didn't make tackles, they claimed victims !

And the ref (usually Clive Thomas) would shake his head and wave the fallen player to get up and stop mucking about !

Now, you only have to look at them sideways and they go down like there's a sniper in row 30...

• Like 2

anyway back to the football ,they won every game so far,and you carnt ask for more can you. the team he put out was just young players,more so to just have a look at them. they 4 games coming up, which i wll be a massive test for them, playing like spain germany etc this is where there run will finish,as most of us know that if you know anything about football. a manger can only play with what players he got in front of him, we got some good players,but not world class players.so to go in any big world comptions your always going to come unstuck with what your taking out on to the pitch fact. football moved on since 1966,we not were only small country and we try to pick the best lads thats out there,and to be a pro player at the top level is very hard 1000s of lads never make it,maybe they could change our training ways from all levels ,which could school players different , but it still comes down to what players are out there for us to use. if we can get to 1/4s in the comp, then prob as far as we go.regards the money ,well it only 10-12 years then its over ,so if they can make good money why not, its only the top clubs who get them wages anyway, my son a plays football not bad he could play semi/pro at his level ,and he knows lots of lads who carnt make it at top level 20 times better than him..,we should get behind the young lads they will need all the help/support when they face the top teams, as we know it will end in tears then come on England,

I think Birds post relates directly to the one above it.......although I miss the physicality of the game as it was say 20 years ago you have to say it will improve the technique in the long run and actually make people play football.

I would say that the only thing that's needs overhauling is the standard of refereeing at amateur level......too many of them watch too much telly !!

If they had the brains to allow a sensible amount of strong tackles in games it would make for stronger players coming through imho

Your park on a Sunday morning isn't La Liga ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to say the old style thuggery time football is not pleasing on the eye, we are in today's world and even thow they dive n shite I do like a player to be able to walk in his fifties, to me it's simple , apart from a few England players gazza, Barkley , plus a few more , we just don't take players on enough in a attacking area I.e. 30 yards onwards, the young lads only knew one thing last night !!! Shoot shoot shoot,

I lost interest in football years ago.....

I think I prefer the days when players could really get stuck in - the kind of matches where the likes of Billy Bremner and Ron Harris didn't make tackles, they claimed victims !

And the ref (usually Clive Thomas) would shake his head and wave the fallen player to get up and stop mucking about !

Now, you only have to look at them sideways and they go down like there's a sniper in row 30...

I dont actually dislike football as a sport,but all the jumping on the floor pretending to be injured makes it unwatchable,for me.

They wouldn't be paid the huge sums they get if they didn't bring in that much and more to the club, it's basic business you only get paid what you're worth (usually a lot less).

you do realise what you just said didn't you?