Getting The Kennel Ready For Willows Pups

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just trying to get everything ready for Willows pups before I go away to 'work' in Spain for a week on the Ebru. Typical timing as far as the work is concerned as I get back the day before she is due

So, I had a nightmare journey back from Spain and to cap it off these little beauties were born on Saturday whilst I was half way back from the Riba Roja, typical I missed it! But, luckily for me my w

And finally the ferret court with the ferret wheel that Leeview supplied me, they are very good...

Posted Images

I found paper for the bitch to shred and nest in immediately prior to her dropping.

Old towels for during labour. Then once she's dropped pups all that in the bin and paper under vetbed from there on.

I got the heavy pile vetbed as my bitch dropped in October too. Have a few bits the size of the box cut so you can rotate for washing. Wash in a pillow case or you'll spend the next 6 months trying to remove it from your clothes.

Just a few points a learnt from my litter few years back.

Hurlock

• Like 5

So all the prep is now complete I think! Ended up with some carpet attached to the rails for the privacy that Skycat and Hurlock advised, which looks a bit rubbish but is definitely effective so thank you to both of you for that. She is getting huge and is politely asking to be lifted over obstacles whilst out our sedate wanders now, can't blame her!

post-42545-0-96910000-1444986113_thumb.jpg

post-42545-0-43314800-1444986131_thumb.jpg

post-42545-0-82704000-1444986150_thumb.jpg

Just settling her in a bit now as the lay out of the kennel is slightly different, I think she approves...

Happy hunting people....!

• Like 11