Planned Deerhound X Greyhound Litter

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I meant that there are no Doxhope litters, in the sense that they were not bred by us. Our last pure bred litter was before 2005, so any remaining dogs would be a fair age now. I saw an advert a yea

Aye My dad was a stockman, he was interested in all breeding of anything, he had an amazing understanding of genetics He bred them I worked them, perfect combination If I saw something of intere

Not first cross Due first week of Nov

Posted Images

Maybe that where we're going wrong I'm. Stuck in work all day looking out at the sunshine while I could be breeding mongrels for stupid money the dole here I come haha

. I DON'T Mean The deerhound are mongrels haha ?

Ya I see what u mean but I couldn't pay that now not with the luck I have with dog I pay big money for ha but if they where genuine working deerhound and genuine people wanted one and too keep a working line going forward I suppose it is a far price to keep the tits out of it if u had them for 100 150 only to see or hear on the merry-go-round a few months down the line

I would pay £800 no problem for 1,if it's the right breeding and that's what you need why let the price put you off.like said £800 for shite or £800 for good I no where I would be putting my £800

far point that I don't think a pure deerhound would suit most of the gound I hunt over but some it would and with the ban in the UK I couldn't see anyone paying 800 for one I just think it's a pity the way thing have gone with them I would have loved to see them do what they where meant for
  • Like 1

Got to be bob, especially over here

I worked them from 1990 to the mid 2000's

The ban put a lot of nails I the coffins of working deerhounds and the show people did the rest

The right people are no longer involved, and the right stock are getting less and less

We exported to the USA but the dogs were used more for cross breeding for hunting, or show

We sent dogs to Ireland and I remember being told of one competition where 3 out of the 4 semi finalists where doxhope deerhounds or from them

Just hope the Irish lads keep the breed working

It's not just deerhounds that have been spoilt though

Lure coursing is the only thing that is going to keep deerhounds active, and a deerhound club run by dianasours and hair dressers, I think we saw the best of working deerhounds, and the likes of what we will never see again....

did u ever keep in contact with the people in the usa and Ireland that got them of u would they still be working them

I would pay £800 no problem for 1,if it's the right breeding and that's what you need why let the price put you off.like said £800 for shite or £800 for good I no where I would be putting my £800

far point that I don't think a pure deerhound would suit most of the gound I hunt over but some it would and with the ban in the UK I couldn't see anyone paying 800 for one I just think it's a pity the way thing have gone with them I would have loved to see them do what they where meant for
exactly mate how can anybody who's looking 800 quid a pup say they have the breeds best interests at heart, and they're not in it for money. Maybe the silly money is what gas truthfully been the ruination of the breed

Like i said most of the ground I work over wouldn't suits but the open bogland the mountain bogs now I can see them come into their own then but with that price I could never see me having one and by the time I will be able to have one I think they be few and far between all the best bob

If price is the issue you'd be better off getting a half cross from the right blood or getting a deerhound type lurcher.

If a deerhound's what you really want then you need to bite the bullet :laugh: . Most people who run a car could afford it, after all, what kind of crappy old banger could you buy, tax and insure for 800 quid ??????

I'm happy enough with my half cross. She can do almost anything a pure could do and is faster and maybe a bit more agile, though at 29 inches she is nowhere near the rabbiter that my other lurcher is. She's still young yet though and I'm working on it.

Here you go a first cross dog out of doxhope Knights errart to a bitch called riverting Eva . Not the best dog in the world but at six or seven now I have really enjoyed owning him . And my two boys love him to death lol

post-26183-0-82369500-1443759700.jpg

I would of bought a 1stx but there is none about so I got the next best things 2 beddiexgreys both 5/8-3/8s.but when I had my doxhope 1stx bitch years ago I pup a good whippet over her to bring the size down bitches 23tts dogs 25 tts all done the job and were really keen.the just looked like a 1stx but smaller and I would of had another 1 tomorrow with out a doubt.

Here you go a first cross dog out of doxhope Knights errart to a bitch called riverting Eva . Not the best dog in the world but at six or seven now I have really enjoyed owning him . And my two boys love him to death lol

he is a nice dog did he ever go over a bitch

No mate I have bought a bitch off razor and Kim coursing lines to do that but I have decided not to as I don't have the time to do it so I will just buy another pup in when time is right . Would I have another 1st cross ?? I don't know I think a 3-4 grey x 1/4 deer would be the best option but I do love them compared to this mental coursing bitch I have lol